Wild Card Round: Giants (9-7-1) at VIKINGS (13-4)

swede700

11 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

That last 4 plays was poor by KOC. I think the 2:00 warning coming (and trying to and run additional plays before the 2:00 was not right). They looked rushed and got nothing out of 1st and 2nd down. Not much from 3rd down after the stoppage. then terrible short pass on fourth. Cousins should have been driving the ball down the field on all 4 passes or run plays on 1st or 2nd down. 

The series before was poor play-calling also. Screens to Cook and Hock both amounted to nothing. The screen game hasn't been there all year and that's what they call at the end of the season?

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Kirk has a good 3 years left in him here.

They need to get rid of these old players but it was hard for KOC and KAM to really clear house coming into this year but I see them taking out the trash this off season.

bye bye to:

Cook

Thielen 

Kendricks

And Hicks, and Sullivan.

• Like 1

You can be as mad as you want at Cousins for that 4th down throw (and rightly so, it was atrocious) but i dont get the hate for him at all. He was mostly money for us this year. There were some games where he was just off a little, but for the most part he was absolutely solid. KOC had too many get cute moments that cost us and obviously the D was downright awful the majority of the year.

I will say that i was very disappointed in KJ Osborn on that 3rd and 8 and need to get it off my chest. If he had flattened his route some instead of keep trying to get deeper past the sticks, then i think he gets led easily by Kirk and it's an easy first down. Instead he had to try to come back to the ball at the last second and it got into his chest and it also allowed the defender to hit him and jar it loose. Flatter route right at the sticks and he has room to run. Something that the Kirk haters wont acknowledge, Im sure.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Oh yeah? Who are you going to bring in? Derek Carr? Carson Wentz? Taylor Heinicke? This team isn’t anywhere near a franchise quarterback in the draft. And I do not think we go into 2024 without a quarterback under contract.

What do you mean, who?   You figure it out.  That’s what you’re paid to do.  This obviously isn’t working and the players are getting a lot older.  You don’t just stay with something because it’s serviceable.  Think outside of yourself and your own opinions for a moment. 

He makes a good point.  And one that I agree with. 

Just now, Morlee said:

What do you mean, who?   You figure it out.  That’s what you’re paid to do.  This obviously isn’t working and the players are getting a lot older.  You don’t just stay with something because it’s serviceable.  Think outside of yourself and your own opinions for a moment. 

Figure what out? What QB that will be available week be better? 

2 minutes ago, Morlee said:

Sorry. I forgot that we can just think real hard and draft the next Tom Brady. Silly Vikings. Why didn’t they try that before? 

• Like 1

Going into this game, I had 3 test questions for the D:

1.   Can the D stop Barkley?

2.  Can they control Jones?

3.  Will they get 1+ turnovers?

I hoped the Vikes could score a 33% on that test, I figure we'd win.   

The D flunked -- 0, a huge fat 0.

Yeah, I'm bummed we didn't win, but Wright flipped the field and the offense score 24 points.   How is 24 not even close?  

2 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

Silver lining to the season, I feel very comfortable about our offense moving forward (sans starting RB, which is the easiest position to replace). Darrisaw, JJ, and Hock are all very good and young.

Cook was not a problem this year. The running game needs work though. He was hit in the backfield more than any RB going late into the season. It showed up again today. There was a play where 3 Giants were on him before he even took a step.

2 minutes ago, babababa said:

Cook was not a problem this year. The running game needs work though. He was hit in the backfield more than any RB going late into the season. It showed up again today. There was a play where 3 Giants were on him before he even took a step.

Love Dalvin, and everything he's done for us, but he's not worth his contract anymore. Vikings would be better off drafting someone and using the saved cap elsewhere.

• Like 2

Just now, Nzd07 said:

Love Dalvin, and everything he's done for us, but he's not worth his contract anymore. Vikings would be better off drafting someone and using the saved cap elsewhere.

Contract. Yes, that's the point of contention that reveals itself every time. If he takes a pay-cut that could solve that perception. I don't know that he does. We'll see.