NYRaider

Who wins  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Vikings
    • Giants

3 minutes ago, Jetzger said:

So Danny Dimes, is he it?

It's the question we've been agonizing over since he was drafted. A year ago I was like 99% sure we should move on from him. Now he's won a playoff game for us. Against a poor defense, yeah, but the point stands.

This didn't happen in a vacuum. It's a culmination of everything he's done right during the regular season: limiting mistakes, feeling pressure, and making plays. At this point I think Daniel Jones has earned a new contract.

• Like 3

Just now, NoFlyZone said:

I don’t think you even know what that means. It was just a star studded offense making up for the inconsistent at best defense. Today the offense couldn’t quite do enough to get it done.

What is this supposed “mean” you are referring to? Their defense has been near bottom ranked all season long while their offense has done enough to balance it out. That narrative wasn’t really different today. 

W/L in one score games. Pretty well documented that teams ebb and flow when it comes to that, without a ton of rhyme or reason. 

• Like 4

Just now, Forge said:

Kind of hard to argue, tbh. 

Though being the worst 13 win team ever isn't exactly a damning statement that people make it out to be. They still won 13 games lol 

Oh I agree, just saying, Vikings are the Chargers of the NFC, no matter how they lost it was always going to be “lol chokers”.

• Like 1

Just now, NoFlyZone said:

I don’t think you even know what that means. It was just a star studded offense making up for the inconsistent at best defense. Today the offense couldn’t quite do enough to get it done.

What is this supposed “mean” you are referring to? Their defense has been near bottom ranked all season long while their offense has done enough to balance it out. That narrative wasn’t really different today. 

You've spent a lot of time defending this team that proved everything people have been saying about them to be correct.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

He played very very well this game against a great D-Line. That throw to Hock gets turned into a YAC first down all the time. Your defense just didn't have it tonight.

Actually a Cowboys fan here, I just get involved in a lot of NFC North talk because of where I live lol. Feel like a lot of Vikings criticism has been irrational.

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

I'm not sure regression to the mean is the correct concept, but this whole clutch one-score magic isn't very replicable. You flipped the coin and got heads 11 times in a row in the RS.

3 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

It's the question we've been agonizing over since he was drafted. A year ago I was like 99% sure we should move on from him. Now he's won a playoff game for us. Against a poor defense, yeah, but the point stands.

This didn't happen in a vacuum. It's a culmination of everything he's done right during the regular season: limiting mistakes, feeling pressure, and making plays. At this point I think Daniel Jones has earned a new contract.

And honestly it’s still hard to judge him when he’s working with such world beaters as Richie James and Darius Slayton.  Hopefully you guys get a full season of Wan’Dale next year. 

Cousins chokes again. No he didnt play a horrible game. The defense wasnt stopping a cold but that last play sums up Cousins. 4th and 6 with the game on the line and he throws a 3yd complete way short of the first. He just cant get it done when it counts. Makes me think of that Rams game on TNF when he was lighting up the Rams up until the 4th quarter when his team had to have a TD late in the game and just like clock work Cousins fumbles the game away literally. He just cant get the job done.

Congrats to the Giants. They played a 13 win team on the road with the only real weapon on offense was Barkley and won. The Vikings made Jones look like Mahomes out there. Its going to be interesting next week against Philly. Playing a team 3x in one season is tough. Regardless of what happens next week its definitely a successful season and Barkley and Jones both deserves contracts. Get Jones some receivers and tight ends PLEASE. The Giants should be in the D-Hop sweepstakes like as soon as the trading window for players come open. Trade for D-Hop and IF they can somehow keep their first round pick draft Boutte from LSU. That dude can ball out but his stock dropped from the down season he had. D-Hop and Boutte as receivers with Barkley in the backfield is enough weapons for Jones to work with and thrive even more.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

You've spent a lot of time defending this team that proved everything people have been saying about them to be correct.

Hasn’t been proven at all. One loss doesn’t erase 13 wins. Think if you’re a Vikings fan you should be very encouraged. They just need to fix that defense… can’t imagine they don’t have a different coordinator in play next season. That defense was the reason games were as close as they were. It really wasn’t that mysterious or anything attributed to just luck.

But football fans are cliche and basic… so this conversation has no chance to go anywhere.

I want to use Justin Jefferson's disappointing game as an excuse to take a shot at the biggest playoff choking Viking WR in NFL history, Randy Moss. His only good game in the playoffs was in total garbage time against the Rams. The only memorable play he ever made in the playoffs was due to Corey Webster tripping.