Titans OC Search 2023

KingTitan

On 1/28/2023 at 2:52 PM, deeluxx3 said:

If Willis becomes Mahomes and farley becomes Ramsey…I think we will be tough to beat!!

fingers crossed it all shakes out that way 

Don’t forget Dennis Daley becoming the next Trent Williams 😂. I mean I love optimism but there is absolutely nothing at all I’ve seen in Willis to say he’s even going to be a starter in this league let alone become like the best QB out there right now. Although, I have also not given up on Farley yet. 

59 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

After watching last night, consider me the full-time driver of the “develop Malik into the next pat Mahomes but even better” bandwagon

When in reality, we are running it back with Tannehill. 
Get Hype for 165 passing yard games!!!

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Am I the only one who was a little concerned by the play calling by the Chiefs last night?

Lots of really questionable decisions.  Like all those weird rugby passes that almost resulted in turnovers.

Yeah they aren't exactly a flawless offense.  A lot of questionable calls.  But I've come to see that with every team. I don't know one OC that teams just love 100%.  Also, Mahomes and Kelce make a lot of things look better. Same with Burrow and Higgins, Chase, Boyd. 

I think we want an OC that can modernize our passing game, help balance the run/pass game, utilize our guys better and not be predictable. 

If they can do that even 70% of the time, I think we go from 7 wins to 11 wins very quickly. 

One more thing about coaching.

It always leaves room for debate when a coach achieves with great players. It was the whole debate in New England. 

It is something I can really respect about Vrabel, he has won with players that other coaches couldn't even win 3 games with. 

But part of coaching great players is identifying great players. That is also a skill. 

However the OC is, I hope they have the ability to spot good players and ability to teach players. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

One more thing about coaching.

It always leaves room for debate when a coach achieves with great players. It was the whole debate in New England. 

It is something I can really respect about Vrabel, he has won with players that other coaches couldn't even win 3 games with. 

But part of coaching great players is identifying great players. That is also a skill. 

However the OC is, I hope they have the ability to spot good players and ability to teach players. 

The problem with most coaches unlike Belichick is they try to force scheme on players vs put players in position to make  plays by playing towards their strengths. Vrabel at times will bend 

7 hours ago, titans0021 said:

At this point it’s tough to believe it will be anyone but Kelly or one of the Chiefs guys. I can’t think of another reason we’ve essentially complete shut down the interview process.

And I feel like if it were Kelly we would've already announced it. I think we have a handshake deal with one of the Chiefs guys but are waiting til after the Super Bowl to announce it. Just my $0.02

1 hour ago, Titansfan_13 said:

And I feel like if it were Kelly we would've already announced it. I think we have a handshake deal with one of the Chiefs guys but are waiting til after the Super Bowl to announce it. Just my $0.02

I'm with you on this. I really hope we aren't let down next week and they announce Kelly 

i'm not against nagy or bieniemy, but they both just seem like really strange fits for us given what our offense has been to this point. obviously vrabel wants to see more from the pass game, that much is clear, but i can't possibly imagine the guy is gonna go air raid anytime soon lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

i'm not against nagy or bieniemy, but they both just seem like really strange fits for us given what our offense has been to this point. obviously vrabel wants to see more from the pass game, that much is clear, but i can't possibly imagine the guy is gonna go air raid anytime soon lol.

I honestly won't be excited about either of them as a hire.