Titans OC Search 2023

KingTitan

Just now, TitanRedd said:

True but at this point he’s flirting with the hot seat he doesn’t have time for experiments he needs to hit it with his next OC

As true as it may be. He has to just make the decision he feels is best. Can't think about getting fired or make a bad choice because it might be safer. 

He just needs to make the right choice. So many failed OCs out there. In a way he mad the safe choice with Downing because he called plays. 

If they were an OC and called plays and they are available. That means they failed and was fired or got an HC job and was fired. The latter not being as bad but failure none the less. 

I would want a fired HC with OC background that called plays. But I'm not against someone that's never done it. That's how you find the good ones. 

• Like 1

If we all just went off the philosophy of needing someone who has called plays before eventually there would never be anyone left to choose from. I like that we are hearing different names and I trust Vrabel. I’m going to assume he gets it right. The man has had only one bad season since he took over and this team was an absolute disaster before he did outside of that one fluke season where we somehow beat KC in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

sure, that’s what i’d expect. but matt nagy is not an outside zone, play-action, shanahan tree guy in the slightest.

Yea but it can work you basically keeping the principle of the run game the same you just asking him to add a passing attack so basically a passing coordinator 

23 minutes ago, Titansfan said:

If we all just went off the philosophy of needing someone who has called plays before eventually there would never be anyone left to choose from. I like that we are hearing different names and I trust Vrabel. I’m going to assume he gets it right. The man has had only one bad season since he took over and this team was an absolute disaster before he did outside of that one fluke season where we somehow beat KC in the playoffs. 

I get what you’re saying but I would prefer a proven OC that was successful calling plays though they may have failed as a HC. Can’t afford the trial error like with art 

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Go get jay Gruden a former HV who’s most like done for a 3-5 yr period in regards to leaving for a HC job. Trade the 1st pick for Ramsey get a WR via trade or FA & fix the line 

Jay has burned all his credibility. With troubled decisions off the field. 

37 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Go get jay Gruden a former HV who’s most like done for a 3-5 yr period in regards to leaving for a HC job. Trade the 1st pick for Ramsey get a WR via trade or FA & fix the line 

If we're trading a first round pick it better be for a top Offensive lineman. 

• Like 1

I said what I said we have holes in our secondary & next yr Calvin Ridley come to the division. Ramsey is a shut down corner when playing exclusively at corner how he was at the jags. The Rams used Ramsey for what was best for the team not what Ramsey do best, they played him at the Star position, that’s CB, S & LB, & he played a lot of off coverage. You want him to dominate put him at corner & let him press & see what happens it’s the same outcome you get with Stephon Gilmore pre NE as a Buffalo bill. The bills played a ton of zone & off coverage, & they let him walk in FA & if you recall I was screaming for us to get him. Some CB aren’t off cover corners some play at their best when they can dictate the WR through the route. If you think Ramsey has fallen off you’re sadly mistaken take it to the bank 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Ew.

21 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I said what I said we have holes in our secondary & next yr Calvin Ridley come to the division. Ramsey is a shut down corner when playing exclusively at corner how he was at the jags. The Rams used Ramsey for what was best for the team not what Ramsey do best, they played him at the Star position, that’s CB, S & LB, & he played a lot of off coverage. You want him to dominate put him at corner & let him press & see what happens it’s the same outcome you get with Stephon Gilmore pre NE as a Buffalo bill. The bills played a ton of zone & off coverage, & they let him walk in FA & if you recall I was screaming for us to get him. Some CB aren’t off cover corners some play at their best when they can dictate the WR through the route. If you think Ramsey has fallen off you’re sadly mistaken take it to the bank

We aren't 1 player away from competing. Spending a 1st+ and a crazy amount of money for a soon-to-be 30 year old CB is not the move a team in our position should be making.

That would also mean we've spent 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and a 3rd on the CB position in the last 3 years. Just horrible asset management.