Wild Card Weekend GDT: Brady v. Dak Part Deaux - Des's Birthday Bash

D82

I’m not gonna dig up any stats or spread records or whatever, but I do believe pretty strongly that when a team is favored by Vegas but not treated as such by the public, it generally has a positive psychological effect on said team. Look at our game at Minnesota, for instance. There’s certainly a chance we come out pissed and lay the smack down on them. Wouldn’t count it out.

Like others have said though, in any close game, Brady’s the boogeyman. Even at 45, I think he’s still got it- at least for one game, at home. Certainly his WRs have a big edge against our depleted secondary.

As much as I think we should have a chance, part of me fears that last week was just too much of a clunker and that Dallas (and especially Dak) will be in their own heads. Gut call, it’s Tampa. Same old Cowboys (but I hope not).

• Like 1

The Cowboys have just four players on the initial injury report, and none of them were completely held out of practice.

The most significant is likely Tyron Smith, who was limited on Thursday with a knee injury. Defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence was also limited with a foot injury as usual, while center Tyler Biadasz and Leighton Vander Esch were both practicing in full after missing some time at the end of the regular season.

The Bucs, meanwhile, listed 14 players on their injury report.

2 hours ago, matt79511 said:

I’m not gonna dig up any stats or spread records or whatever, but I do believe pretty strongly that when a team is favored by Vegas but not treated as such by the public, it generally has a positive psychological effect on said team. Look at our game at Minnesota, for instance. There’s certainly a chance we come out pissed and lay the smack down on them. Wouldn’t count it out.

Like others have said though, in any close game, Brady’s the boogeyman. Even at 45, I think he’s still got it- at least for one game, at home. Certainly his WRs have a big edge against our depleted secondary.

As much as I think we should have a chance, part of me fears that last week was just too much of a clunker and that Dallas (and especially Dak) will be in their own heads. Gut call, it’s Tampa. Same old Cowboys (but I hope not).

Did anyone even watch the Packers game this year???

Up 14 going into the 4th quarter and all Rodgers needed was a rookie wr that can run past the defense and it's a TD.

In short:

Accurate QB + big WR = Dallas loss.

We're talking about Tom Brady, post season, at home, Mike Evans, Julio Jones???

Game Over!

Who we drafting???!!!

Does anyone know what our draft position would be if we lose? I guess it depends on who else loses.

EDIT

We have the best record of all WC teams(again) so if we lose in the WC round(again) we will pick 24th(again)

Edited by DaBoys

16 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Did anyone even watch the Packers game this year???

Up 14 going into the 4th quarter and all Rodgers needed was a rookie wr that can run past the defense and it's a TD.

In short:

Accurate QB + big WR = Dallas loss.

We're talking about Tom Brady, post season, at home, Mike Evans, Julio Jones???

Game Over!

Who we drafting???!!!

Best thing you can do is put some money on Tampa Bay. More than likely, you’ll get a ROI. If you lose the bet then your favorite team advances in the playoffs. It’s a win win

53 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

The fact that it’s only a 2.5 spread against a below .500 squad speaks volumes about our team. 

Betting market analysis of implied rankings based on point spreads has Dallas as the 4th best team in the eyes of Vegas, ahead of Philly (https://stats.inpredictable.com/rankings/nfl.php), ESPN’s FPI has us 3rd. We’re only favored by 2.5 points because you lose 6 point from the game being on the road. We’d be 8.5 point favorites at home.

Being favored on the road in the playoffs certainly says something about our team… that we’re pretty solid.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Betting market analysis of implied rankings based on point spreads has Dallas as the 4th best team in the eyes of Vegas, ahead of Philly (https://stats.inpredictable.com/rankings/nfl.php), ESPN’s FPI has us 3rd. We’re only favored by 2.5 points because you lose 6 point from the game being on the road. We’d be 8.5 point favorites at home.

Being favored on the road in the playoffs certainly says something about our team… that we’re pretty solid.

Obviously the advanced metrics favor Dallas just like the records do. Vegas isn’t dumb, they know Dallas is “better”

For comparison’s sake, though… the 2010 Saints were *11* point road favorites against the 7-9 Seahawks in the Beastquake game. And our team was favorites of greater than 3 in the GB and JAX games, albeit only slightly. Tampa is probably getting a little more credit than a sub-.500 playoff team typically would because of Brady.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Ahh. I appreciate the insight, I’m not a gambler. Mainly because I live in Texas. 

Though “solid” is the last term I’d use for this team. 

I’d say boom or bust is more accurate. Either way I think most people feel we are going to lose this game. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Ahh. I appreciate the insight, I’m not a gambler. Mainly because I live in Texas. 

Though “solid” is the last term I’d use for this team. 

I’d say boom or bust is more accurate. Either way I think most people feel we are going to lose this game. 

We definitely could lose! But I think the fan base is a little too pessimistic about our chances.

I’ve never seen so many Cowboys fans on here agree that the opposite team will win. It shows how beat down the team and the F.O. has made us over the years. 

Keeping Cooper and adding either Von Miller, Patrick Peterson or Bobby Wagner in FA would be so nice to have right now. 

Edited by Tony7188