Wild Card Weekend GDT: Brady v. Dak Part Deaux - Des's Birthday Bash

D82

4 minutes ago, quiller said:

Totally agree but they also added more than just Brady….    Brady brought Gronk who also is probably the best TE of his time as well.   Brady is not undefeated against us with out Gronk.  Who was a critical part in more than one of those wins.  

Gronk wouldn’t have went to TB without Brady, neither would Fournette, or Julio Jones etc… Bradys willing to provide smaller than usual cap hits for his respective teams have certainly contributed to his success. So it’s not just his play, but it’s his ability to recruit, and his willingness to sacrifice pay for  championships. It all goes back to Brady. Bill and Bruce were just along for the ride

• Like 1

Also @quillerBrady is absolutely undefeated against us without Gronk. You must forget just how long Brady has been in the league. His first game against the Cowboys was 2003. We also played against him in 2007. Gronk was a rookie in 2010. We also played them already this year. And Gronk was retired when they played in 2019. 

Brady is 4-0 against us without Gronk. Most of his wins against us were without Gronk

Edited by DaBoys

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Gronk wouldn’t have went to TB without Brady, neither would Fournette, or Julio Jones etc… Bradys willing to provide smaller than usual cap hits for his respective teams have certainly contributed to his success. So it’s not just his play, but it’s his ability to recruit, and his willingness to sacrifice pay for  championships. It all goes back to Brady. Bill and Bruce were just along for the ride

Well I commend Brady on doing that at TB to end of his career but it sure helps that you’ve received 170 plus million from NE over the previous 13 years.  And leads NFL in total salary receiving almost 318 million in his career. 529 M adjusted cap figure   And yes he has a reduced rate at TB but that still is 87 M plus for three years 

and not to pile on but Dak has made less then Goff D Carr Tannehill Cousins Rivers Flacco Ryan.   

so back to the game 

do we trust that Vea and Logan are questionable and might not play for TB.   I just hope Biadasz is close to 100 and that Parsons is also totally healthy so we see mid season Parsons not end of year Parsons

42 minutes ago, pf9 said:

If both the Giants and Cowboys win this weekend, it will set up a grudge match with the 49ers. And I'm sure many of you would find it an honor to be the first team to defeat Brock Purdy.

I’d rather not play them at all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Also @quillerBrady is absolutely undefeated against us without Gronk. You must forget just how long Brady has been in the league. His first game against the Cowboys was 2003. We also played against him in 2007. Gronk was a rookie in 2010. We also played them already this year. And Gronk was retired when they played in 2019. 

Brady is 4-0 against us without Gronk. Most of his wins against us were without Gronk

I know but I do think we would have won the shoot out game a few years ago if Brady didn’t have Gronk who was critical in that game 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DaBoys said:

But why is anything from that long ago even relevant? Nothing aside from the Bucs matchups have any relevancy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

But why is anything from that long ago even relevant? Nothing aside from the Bucs matchups have any relevancy. 

It’s relevant because he said Tom wasn’t undefeated against us without Gronk. I wasn’t necessarily implying that it was impactful to tomorrows game, just pointing it out most of his victories against us came without Gronk. 

• Like 1

We did better against the rest if the NFL then TB did. Football is a game of matchups though, and this one worries me. Where are we short handed on defense? CB. Where is TB deep? WR. The buccaneers have struggled running the ball all year and that may be an understatement(they’re dead last in per game and per rush). We though are 22nd in rush yards allowed and notably stuggle stopping the run.

On offense we struggle as a whole when we can’t run the ball. TB has Vita Vea and Akiem Hicks plus two solid LBs. 

We really need Dak and CD to light it up in this one. Idk who will cover Godwin or Julio but someone better step up there as well. 

Edited by DaBoys