Random Bears Thoughts - Offseason Thread

Ty21

7 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I constantly have to remind myself why he’s (probably) saying what he’s saying. His job is to drive content, and making polarizing statements is certainly one way to do that. One absurd comment at 6:30am might give them 45 minutes worth of calls. In that regard, it’s working for him. It’s just the the Howard Stern radio show model (which became the Bayless/SAS model for sports). People who love them or hate them continue to listen for the same reason - they want to hear what they’ll say next. For the station it doesn’t matter why they listen as long as they do. 

For me though, most of what comes out of his and Mully’s mouths in the morning is completely without value. Ever since the morning show canned Hanley a few years ago I can barely listen to it. 

Totally agree. I absolutely do an eye roll with a lot of his statements and find myself comparing to Bayless quite a bit. I can barely listen to the show and find myself turning it on only for some of the guest segments just in the hopes of hearing any breaking news. Other than that, it's meathead radio.

13 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Have they updated again since the combine? I try to only run 1-2 when they update or I start to try and chest to get favorite players as late as possible. 

I don’t think so. Nor have they updated the free agents list. Like half the top 20 isn’t even available anymore. 

• Like 1

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/lists/grading-the-bears-2022-free-agency-class/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2n79GpL3Ardfa1WwTSMpV2F0huT5ZVT0WX8NFKx4It3DVZJcDnbvHzyKo

They were far more generous than me. 
Nick Morrow B- 

Matthew Adams C-

Lucas Patrick D-

Justin Jones B

AlQuadin Muhammad F

Ryan Griffin D

Eq St Brown D (there’s no justification for this article giving him a B-)

Dante Pettis F (and even less for them giving him a C)

Byron Pringle F (they gave him a C- so I’m assuming that’s as low as their scale can go)

Khari Blasingame B+ 

Dane Cruikshank C-

Trevor Siemian D

Riley Reiff D+ (he had a $4.5M bonus if he played 10% of the season snaps?)

Michael Schofield F

I'm thinking about it, but I really hope whatever trade we make includes a solid WR in the bundle of picks.  If we trade back with Indy and come away with Michael Pittman, a this years first and second and a future second, I would be pretty happy with that, I think.  In this example, the picks would come to approximately 2600 points compared to 3000 from pick 1, so that would be like a late 2nd value for him, so maybe thats not the correct trade value.  Sounds like there might be a bidding war going on for it, so might get a few more picks from it too, but another first would probably be too much to expect in this scenario.  Would also be able to likely secure Will Anderson out of pick 4 as well.

Edited by TankWilliams

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/lists/grading-the-bears-2022-free-agency-class/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2n79GpL3Ardfa1WwTSMpV2F0huT5ZVT0WX8NFKx4It3DVZJcDnbvHzyKo

They were far more generous than me. 
Nick Morrow B- 

Matthew Adams C-

Lucas Patrick D-

Justin Jones B

AlQuadin Muhammad F

Ryan Griffin D

Eq St Brown D (there’s no justification for this article giving him a B-)

Dante Pettis F (and even less for them giving him a C)

Byron Pringle F (they gave him a C- so I’m assuming that’s as low as their scale can go)

Khari Blasingame B+ 

Dane Cruikshank C-

Trevor Siemian D

Riley Reiff D+ (he had a $4.5M bonus if he played 10% of the season snaps?)

Michael Schofield F

I mean if it was a legit tank it was mission accomplished.

A number of guys you hoped could flourish due to athletic potential or one good season in past or whatever - but man none of them did.

Blasingame and Justin Jones was about it.   

Insane.  That was marked as a win.  How can that possibly happen? 

Who was grading it?   How rushed are they?  What are their qualifications?  Who is checking on it?   

This is why I am weary of many analytic services.     I suspect they scrimp on the data collection cost and spend big on people to analyze said data.  But, if your data input is bad it corrupts the whole tree. 

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m gonna be on a plane Tuesday (March Madness babyyyyyyy). Two actually since I have a connection. Gonna have to buy the plane internet twice to keep up.

I think I will be working late most of next week which isn't so bad considering the time difference hahaha...last year was probably the first year I properly watched the final four...the buzz must be pretty crazy being there in those arenas.

53 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Good news - FA really starts Monday at 11am Central. 

Are they announcing deals or do they have to wait until Wednesday?

I thought they started negotiating on Monday (I know they probably already are) and they signed on Wed.