Random Bears Thoughts - Offseason Thread

Ty21

37 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Are they announcing deals or do they have to wait until Wednesday?

I thought they started negotiating on Monday (I know they probably already are) and they signed on Wed.  

they always announce the deals when they happen, then can sign on wednesday

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Insane.  That was marked as a win.  How can that possibly happen? 

Who was grading it?   How rushed are they?  What are their qualifications?  Who is checking on it?   

This is why I am weary of many analytic services.     I suspect they scrimp on the data collection cost and spend big on people to analyze said data.  But, if your data input is bad it corrupts the whole tree. 

It's not Musty's fault Fields held the ball too long.. 🙄   /s

• Like 1

I remember I was right on Orlando Brown and I even stood by him post combine when everyone bashed him.

I went back to find my takes and I found them, was going to post them.

But decided not to.   Looking back through all my past turns out I am right about a lot of things, but wrong about a lot of things too.

LOL

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I remember I was right on Orlando Brown and I even stood by him post combine when everyone bashed him.

I went back to find my takes and I found them, was going to post them.

But decided not to.   Looking back through all my past turns out I am right about a lot of things, but wrong about a lot of things too.

LOL

As are we all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Are they announcing deals or do they have to wait until Wednesday?

I thought they started negotiating on Monday (I know they probably already are) and they signed on Wed.  

Since they started with the tampering window we’ll find out which deals are done but teams can’t officially announce them until Wed. 

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Since they started with the tampering window we’ll find out which deals are done but teams can’t officially announce them until Wed. 

And iirc, players can still change their minds before Wednesday since nothings official yet.

• Like 1

One of my Facebook friends is a respected teacher but routinely has the dumbest Homer takes on the bears. Most recently he’s put $200 on an array of homer bears bets covering Justin Fields winning an MVP, Eberflus getting COTY, bears winning division, nfc championship, and super bowl. He effectively just donated money to the betting app. 

19 hours ago, Ty21 said:

One of my Facebook friends is a respected teacher but routinely has the dumbest Homer takes on the bears. Most recently he’s put $200 on an array of homer bears bets covering Justin Fields winning an MVP, Eberflus getting COTY, bears winning division, nfc championship, and super bowl. He effectively just donated money to the betting app. 

After trade millions in bets were placed on Fields winning MVP. 

Trubisky had a boat load too after 2018.

Bears fans want to believe.  

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

After trade millions in bets were placed on Fields winning MVP. 

Trubisky had a boat load too after 2018.

Bears fans want to believe.  

Chicago locals are always heavy betters on the home teams, justified or not. With that said, Fields has the public profile to win MVP with a big jump in production, and the Moore addition (coupled with presumed OL upgrades) on top of recent history of young QBs (Hurts and Allen) jumping big time with the year 3 addition of a WR1 adds to the realism of such a jump to be expected.

We’ve talked about Fields showing a Josh Allen-like career path a lot around here, and the addition of Moore is just another step along that same path. I’ve seen some things the past few days saying essentially “Moore isn’t Diggs or Brown”, but looking at their pre-Allen and pre-Hurts production I’m inclined to disagree. Neither hit superstar status until they paired up with better QB talent:

Diggs:

01-B6-E9-FB-E320-4183-9475-00-A41-B7-DF5

Brown:

4-BF4-C9-F6-2-F3-D-4-F4-D-A837-5455-C972

Moore:

7-A586349-F946-4298-8999-03-AB0-F37-D1-D

• Like 1

Neat little tidbit: Moore is getting hated on and rightfully so, he’s a bear now so it was going to happen. But his “lack of production” at an elite level needs to pondered deeper. 
2022: 4 QB collective 58% comp 16 total tds 13 total int 80.2 QBR

2021: 3 QB collective 58.1% 14 td 21 int 68.5 QBR

2020: 3 QB collective 67.8% 16 td 16 int 87.5 QBR

That year was with Bridgewater, who wasn’t great but was easily the best of what they had to work with in this span

2019: 3 QB collective 60.3% 17 td 21 int 74.7 QBR 

2018: the final year of Cam Newton being decent, so ultimately the only year of competent quarterback play for DJ. 

It’s insane how many quarterbacks they’ve given considerable time to over the course of the last half decade. To observe this, it only makes sense for them to make a desperation heave to get whoever they want in the draft. When Darnell Mooney defied the odds and had 1000 yards in a year that featured a revolving door at qb, well, that’s what DJ has done to a greater level for his entire career. 

Edited by Ty21

Rumor that Denniston Moore Jr will have to find a different jersey number since Cairo Santos is strongarming the 2. I don’t think any bears player has ever been more synonymous with their jersey number than Cairo Santos and 2 

42 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Rumor that Denniston Moore Jr will have to find a different jersey number since Cairo Santos is strongarming the 2. I don’t think any bears player has ever been more synonymous with their jersey number than Cairo Santos and 2 

I can think of a relatively simple way to rectify this problem.

Edited by Bigbear72
  • Like 2