Random Bears Thoughts - Offseason Thread

Ty21

So if the Texans truly did put in a trade up offer, I have to fantasize about the 3 way trade of:

texans->1.1

panthers->1.2

bears->1.9, Texans’ second or Laremy Tunsil lol, 49ers 2nd, 24 1, Denniston Moore 

I have to say, I'm definitely impressed with Poles restraint here. He could have been baited into huge money for McGlinchey or a few other guys but had an upper number that he wouldn't cross and held to it. It might seem frustrating in the short term for a team with a lot of holes but this team isn't going to get fixed in the short term.  Making big, reactive moves to try and fill every roster hole whatever the cost will not help us. I hope to see one more "flashy" player and then lots of DL depth/value guys and then I'll be pretty happy with the Bears going into the draft. 

34 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

So if the Texans truly did put in a trade up offer, I have to fantasize about the 3 way trade of:

texans->1.1

panthers->1.2

bears->1.9, Texans’ second or Laremy Tunsil lol, 49ers 2nd, 24 1, Denniston Moore 

I see a lot of people hating on the bears for not trading down to two and then down further, but what's the guarantee that all the interested teams didn't have just one guy in mind worth trading up for? Clearly Poles wanted to get a few future picks plus an impact player out of it, I genuinely don't think he realistically could have gotten anything better out of it than what he did. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I genuinely don't think he realistically could have gotten anything better out of it than what he did. 

Once you prioritized DJ, you can no longer mess around with the double trade. If it was just about picks I would probably question that for a long while. But getting Moore changes everything 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I see a lot of people hating on the bears for not trading down to two and then down further, but what's the guarantee that all the interested teams didn't have just one guy in mind worth trading up for? Clearly Poles wanted to get a few future picks plus an impact player out of it, I genuinely don't think he realistically could have gotten anything better out of it than what he did. 

That’s why I figured it would have to have been a 3 way trade, so we don’t lose all our bargaining power in case 1.1 was the only significant chip of value. Giving houston 1.1 was contingent in my fantasy with panthers being okay with trading 1.9 and everything for 1.2, but it certainly seems like it would be bleaker. At the end of the day though the only difference between my trade and reality was the 2025 2nd disappears for Carolina and houston pays with their own 2nd instead (or Laremy Tunsil lol)

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

He saw the Kyle Long signing for 7 years and that broke him.

Then actually putting pen to paper broke Long.

He actually doesn’t get hurt for me. Teven Jenkins on the other hand gets injured twice a game