Washington fires OC Scott Turner

Forge

12 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Your 2nd round pick this year was laughable.

I thought the Dotson pick was cool, but didn't love it.

Even Brian Robinson in the 3rd I wasn't very gung-ho about.

The year before I hated the Jamin Davis pick. The Cosmi pick was cool. Didn't love St. Juste as a prospect, but he's developed. Hated Dyami's hands.

I thought the Forrest pick was good & someone I wanted the Eagles to look at. He's turned into a good player. The rest of the picks? lol

Taking Chase Young over Herbert. Best pick in that draft was Kam Curl. 

Conclusion: Going through your teams picks the past 3 years the main thing to stand out is that Chris Harris has done a very good job developing these mid to late round DBs

Who was picking Herbert over Chase Young in that draft? 3 more teams with QB questions didn't pick Herbert after Washington chose Young. Including a team picking a QB. Herbert was the third QB picked in that draft. Herbert was never a real, viable option at 2 nor was the team giving up on Dwayne Haskins after he finished the season with his three best starts and clear signs of progress under KOC. Hindsight is great and all but lets try and be somewhat realistic here. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Who was picking Herbert over Chase Young in that draft? 3 more teams with QB questions didn't pick Herbert after Washington chose Young. Including a team picking a QB. Herbert was the third QB picked in that draft. Herbert was never a real, viable option at 2 nor was the team giving up on Dwayne Haskins after he finished the season with his three best starts and clear signs of progress under KOC. Hindsight is great and all but lets try and be somewhat realistic here. 

People, including myself, were saying that Washington should draft Tua all the way up until they actually picked. I think Tua was pretty clearly ahead of Herbert in draft rankings for almost everybody.

The one funny thing about the Chase Young pick is that Washington had to "win" the Chase Young Bowl against the Giants to get to draft him. The Giants consolation prize? Andrew Thomas, who is a likely All-Pro this year and is one of the best LTs in football at 23 years old. You're right, hindsight is 20/20. Chase Young definitely seemed like the consensus right pick at the time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Could be one of those things where he doesn’t think he would ever get out of the shadow of Reid and Mahomes so in order to move up you gotta move out. That’s how it works in the industry I work in more times than not.

So in otherwords Josh McDaniels Syndrome? Gotcha. 

Hope for EB sake, he fairs better. 

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

So in otherwords Josh McDaniels Syndrome? Gotcha. 

Hope for EB sake, he fairs better. 

There's nothing wrong with exploring elsewhere to see what you're made of. Yeah, it's great being Mahomes coach and being alongside Reid I would think but you SHOULD want to get noticed, you SHOULD want more. Complacency is the enemy of progress.

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

People, including myself, were saying that Washington should draft Tua all the way up until they actually picked. I think Tua was pretty clearly ahead of Herbert in draft rankings for almost everybody.

If you thought Tua's health was an issue now, imagine if he spent his career in Washington so far. We'd be visiting his vegetative state. 

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If you thought Tua's health was an issue now, imagine if he spent his career in Washington so far. We'd be visiting his vegetative state. 

Yeah for sure. Just wanted to point out that there were people saying that Washington should take a QB in that draft at 2.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Yeah for sure. Just wanted to point out that there were people saying that Washington should take a QB in that draft at 2.

I am of the mind that if you don't have a QB, you need to take the QB if you are picking in the top 5/10. 

Do you think the broncos and panthers regret passing on Justin Fields? You betcha.

I will also say that Chase Young is overrated. He is a physical specimen, but he is extremely raw and does not have a variety of pass rushing moves. He was crowned prematurely imo. 

I like Scott Turner. Who knows how much say Rivera had. Scott will get a job somewhere. Probably NE. 

On 1/10/2023 at 5:28 PM, MKnight82 said:

I don’t know what to say other than you don’t watch enough Washington games to have an informed opinion.  The Mathis pick was not laughable, he gives us a lot of options this summer when we have to negotiate with Payne.  Also everyone and their mom had Chase Young over Herbert so pretty silly to nitpick over that. 

Most draft experts had Herbert as a developmental quarterback that wasn’t ready to start and potentially lacked the maturity to make it in the league. 

The only one who believed in Herbert then was the trainer that Tonya Harding’d Tyrod Taylor to get Herbs on the field. Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.