Washington fires OC Scott Turner

Forge

52 minutes ago, Forge said:

In fairness, neither was his QB situation. I think they played 8 QBs during that period. 

He was really bad at the job. When your RB is averaging nearly 8 ypc and you decide to only give him 12 carries  and then you lose…yeah, doesn’t look good. 

All the fans calling him a scapegoat, I hope your team hires him so each time you’re excited and your teams driving down the field he calls a double reverse and loses 15 yards. Or hands it off to a receiver up the middle on 4th and 1 or pitches it out in a must win game on 4th and 1 to your 3rd string RB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

He was really bad at the job. When your RB is averaging nearly 8 ypc and you decide to only give him 12 carries  and then you lose…yeah, doesn’t look good. 

This happens all the time across the league. The 49ers have one of the best offensive minds in the league and fans question what he does all the time. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

All the fans calling him a scapegoat, I hope your team hires him so each time you’re excited and your teams driving down the field he calls a double reverse and loses 15 yards. Or hands it off to a receiver up the middle on 4th and 1 or pitches it out in a must win game on 4th and 1 to your 3rd string RB. 

He's definitely a scapegoat. Being a scapegoat doesn't mean he's good, but him being bad doesn't excuse the franchise for what the gave him to work with at the most important position in sports. Both things can be true. Coaches are like quarterbacks. Most are just situation dependent with very few being real difference makers. 

Lafleur ran a jet sweep on 4th and 1 to Allen Lazard. Kyle Shanahan has run pitch options on 4th down and run Kyle Juszczyk multiple times on 4th down. 49ers fan complain about Shanny. I've seen Rams fans go bonkers over the things McVay does. Kevin Stefanski had Nick Chubb averaging over 7  yards a carry against the Packers last year and threw it 36 times with Baker Mayfield. 

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The whole coaching staff should’ve been gone last offseason and they never should’ve traded for Wentz if they were smart.

Stupid stupid organization.

They need a new owner, new general manager, and a new head coach.

I disagree. They’ve actually done a really good job building the roster.  They just haven’t found a QB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We'll just agree to disagree then.

I’m not really sure what there is to disagree about.  They have drafted well and mostly stayed away from free agency.  The defense is talented and they have quality offensive skill position players.  They need a QB and some help on the Oline. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I’m not really sure what there is to disagree about.  They have drafted well and mostly stayed away from free agency.  The defense is talented and they have quality offensive skill position players.  They need a QB and some help on the Oline. 

Your 2nd round pick this year was laughable.

I thought the Dotson pick was cool, but didn't love it.

Even Brian Robinson in the 3rd I wasn't very gung-ho about.

The year before I hated the Jamin Davis pick. The Cosmi pick was cool. Didn't love St. Juste as a prospect, but he's developed. Hated Dyami's hands.

I thought the Forrest pick was good & someone I wanted the Eagles to look at. He's turned into a good player. The rest of the picks? lol

Taking Chase Young over Herbert. Best pick in that draft was Kam Curl. 

Conclusion: Going through your teams picks the past 3 years the main thing to stand out is that Chris Harris has done a very good job developing these mid to late round DBs

24 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Your 2nd round pick this year was laughable.

I thought the Dotson pick was cool, but didn't love it.

Even Brian Robinson in the 3rd I wasn't very gung-ho about.

The year before I hated the Jamin Davis pick. The Cosmi pick was cool. Didn't love St. Juste as a prospect, but he's developed. Hated Dyami's hands.

I thought the Forrest pick was good & someone I wanted the Eagles to look at. He's turned into a good player. The rest of the picks? lol

Taking Chase Young over Herbert. Best pick in that draft was Kam Curl. 

Conclusion: Going through your teams picks the past 3 years the main thing to stand out is that Chris Harris has done a very good job developing these mid to late round DBs

Typical Eagles fan thinking he knows more than he does. We'll agree to disagree, then goes off on a tangent about what he doesn't like about the team. No one cares you didn't like the picks. The team has talent, regardless of what you think. You are entitled to your opinion about Scott Turner, but Washington fans have been dealing with his crap for 3 years. He needed to go. Ron needs to go as well, but Scott going is at least a start.