Around the NFL - !!PLAYOFFS!!

DaBoys

3 hours ago, textaz03 said:

This is will be Eagles 7th NFC Championship appearance since 2000? I was thinking only 5th appearance. God I hate the Eagles and our owner/GM!!

The Eagles have been a well operated franchise for a long time. Hate to say it, but it’s true. Their GM is incredible. 

6 hours ago, textaz03 said:

This is will be Eagles 7th NFC Championship appearance since 2000? I was thinking only 5th appearance. God I hate the Eagles and our owner/GM!!

I could remember 5:

-Lost 3 consecutive before winning a 4th in the early 2000s with McNabb.

-Nick Foles Super Bowl run.

I forgot 2009. Maybe because that Eagles team was quite mediocre or maybe because I was still in a fugue state after 44-6.

5 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

The Eagles have been a well operated franchise for a long time. Hate to say it, but it’s true. Their GM is incredible. 

I thought they almost ran him out of down with Pederson and before that Kelly. I thought I recall when Kelly was there the GM was in title only. Wrong?

50 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

I thought they almost ran him out of down with Pederson and before that Kelly. I thought I recall when Kelly was there the GM was in title only. Wrong?

Nope you’re not wrong. That’s what makes their F.O. so impressive to me. Whenever they make mistakes they fix them immensely and recover quickly. Kelly had 2 years before he got ran out of town. Peterson got ran out of town and he won them a SB. Wentz was flipped for a 1st round pick.

Compare that to Dallas F.O. who let Jason Garrett waste multiple careers for over a decade. Romo, Dez and Ware got us zero picks in return.

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Northland said:

I don't know about the overturned TD to Chase.  Four points gone.

The Bengals have just outclassed the Bills. I didn’t think it possible, but the Bengals are legit contenders for years to come. Mahomes vs. Burrow is the new Brady vs. Manning.

On 1/22/2023 at 6:09 AM, textaz03 said:

Philly is a very well run organization.  They have two first round picks in 2023.  They will get better.

Imagine having to get through the Giants and then the 49ers absolutely awful 4th string QB to get to the SB. 

Sometimes you get lucky, guys. Sometimes you just need things to bounce your way. Just because it happened for Philly and not our team doesn’t mean our team wasn’t in the same class and couldn’t have also been there. 

23 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Imagine having to get through the Giants and then the 49ers absolutely awful 4th string QB to get to the SB. 

Sometimes you get lucky, guys. Sometimes you just need things to bounce your way. Just because it happened for Philly and not our team doesn’t mean our team wasn’t in the same class and couldn’t have also been there. 

I mean...it'd help if the front office were as aggressive as Philly was in improving the team around their QB...

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

I mean...it'd help if the front office were as aggressive as Philly was in improving the team around their QB...

Perhaps. But all things considered I’d say the two teams have been mostly equal between them. Would have loved to see that matchup. 
But yes, hopefully some pieces are added on offense through the draft. Hopefully MG is more himself next season. 

Edited by NoFlyZone