Around the NFL - !!PLAYOFFS!!

DaBoys

I mean I know they’re old but are we comfortable saying Dak and Kirk Cousins are better than Rodgers and Brady? I’m not. And he was hurt all year but Stafford can still sling it. 

Then you have up and coming stars. Guys like Allen, Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence, Herbert, Fields, Hurts, Lamar, Kyler, and Tua. That’s 13 guys.

I think then you can start your purgatory tier of guys like Carr, Dak, Kirk, Daniel Jones, Geno, Goff, Russ(assuming this year was an anomaly) JimmyG, Tannehill, Mac Jones, Purdy. That’s 24 guys. 

Then your have your replacement level tier guys. Brissett, Mariota, Ryan, Mayfield, Pickett, Dalton, Mills, Wentz. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

No doubt that Jones had a better year than Dak.  It’s not even debatable (although some ultra Dak homers would probably try).  The truth is that Derek Carr got run out of town for having a year like Dak this year.  Dak was very close to bottom 10 this year.  

I think it’s pretty close. Daniel Jones is obviously getting better and will only be 26 at the start of next season. Dak will be 30. They both now have 1 career playoff win. If you’re starting a franchise tomorrow and you only had these two QBs to choose from you might be surprised how many people would choose DJ. 

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I think it’s pretty close. Daniel Jones is obviously getting better and will only be 26 at the start of next season. Dak will be 30. They both now have 1 career playoff win. If you’re starting a franchise tomorrow and you only had these two QBs to choose from you might be surprised how many people would choose DJ. 

I still believe Dak is better than DJ, but It’s close between the two. You also have to account that DJ has the edge in coaching. You put the Giants coaching staff on the Cowboys and you’d see a better Dak Prescott.

I think the injury to Dak hurt him more than we all like to admit. He can barely run now, where previously he could break 20 yard runs with ease. He’s been forced to rely solely on his arm talent. Post-injury Dak vs 2022 DJ is debatable, but Pre-injury Dak vs. 2022 DJ is laughable. 

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

What happened to Mahomes!? I just tuned in

Right as he was throwing from the pocket he had two guys hanging off of him. One from the backside. Rolled on the side/back of his leg and sprained his ankle pretty good. Significant limp.

Edited by HDsportsfan
  • Like 1