Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

10 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

I wanted him back for ST , didn't have any bids on him last I checked at like 7 so must of come in late

I didn't see you had bid on him at first.  So I abandoned pursuit of Hardman, swung a trade for Mims, so I could double what he was asking for.   Yeah... I feel like this...

Head Slap GIFs | Tenor

Eagles' Dumpster Diving Offseason Summary

With little cap room and a lot of holes to patch, the Eagles are dumpster diving early but we think we've found some good potential role players at discount prices.

WR Marquez Callaway- at only 25 years old Callaway has shown flashes and has hit the occasional big play in his young career. Bringing in Callaway to be a WR 4 and maybe a 3 if he can beat out Quez Watkins. Callaway can also help in the return game potentially that needs a boost.

C/G- Jack Anderson- who? Originally a 6th round pick of the Bills, the Eagles picked up Anderson off the Bills practice squad. He spent two years being a reserve for the Eagles and OL coach Jeff Stoutland sang his praises every chance he got. The Eagles tried to slip Anderson through the practice squad this past year and the Giants signed him. With the loss of Seumalo, we get Anderson back on the cheap to be a swing interior OL who knows the offense.

CB Akhello Witherspoon- overpaid and underwhelming in Pittsburgh, Witherspoon is a player I liked coming out and had an impressing year or two in Seattle. We think bringing him in on a cheap deal and putting him opposite Darius Slay can revive his career. This helps us from having to reach for a CB in the draft but won't deter us from drafting one.

S Jabrill Peppers- Peppers has had and up and down career, but played well in his small sample in New England coming back from and ACL the year before. With the loss of CJGJ, we hope Peppers can be the Great Value version for the defense.

S Marcus Epps- We finally resigned someone! Epps earned his way on the field and has been a pretty good safety for us. Resigning Epps, bringing in Peppers to go along with undrafted surprise Reed Blankenship, we feel pretty good about the safety position going into the draft.

Oops I accidentally left a 1mil signing bonus when I switched to Takitaki. Literally switched to him to not do a signing bonus but I forgot to remove it lol. Only 500k blown though so no big deal. Still woulda been nice to keep the scrap of cap I have available.

Also are really none of you interested in trading for Shaq Griffin? I'm not asking for a premium pick, just would like to be able to bid more than minimum in FA at some point.