Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

Nice round for both the Saints and Chargers. Got all the players I wanted, really like the Saints round with Senat, Ragland, Collins and Hodge as really cheap depth guys, who all will see playing time.

Chargers maybe spent a bit too much on Anderson/Ridgeway, but the IDL market is crazy this year and I need some depth here. Schofield will compete for the LG position and Scotty Miller will have a good shot at making the roster.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Is the Ben Nieman award correct? If you offer more years at a lower APY, you win over a shorter deal with higher APY?

It was a resign so they get a boost. That's why I lost despite the higher APV. 

2 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Shouldn’t have been a resign at least because he was a Cardinal last year and I didn’t bid on him 

My bad. I was thinking about why I lost Andrew Billings (I offered more, but he got the Raiders resign boost). My mistake. I also had offered Niemann. 

57 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Also, how is Xavier Rhodes signing under the veteran minimum

Did he end the season on a PS?    The data wasn’t updated when rosters were pulled,    so any Vets that were on a PS have the wrong age (usually 22).    So the vet Min is 870k

Edited by RedGold

59 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

so, did we come to a conclusion on this Niemann thing or we just letting him do a non guaranteed minimum deal for 2 years over a 25% higher apy with guaranteed money over one

Players aren't awarded on APY they are awarded on Net Present Value. The correct team was awarded him based on the highest NPV bid. If he was offered a 2 year contract he must have been asking for a 2 year contract (because the rules of the mock allow you to go up to the number of years requested but not over). So the team that was awarded him gave him the number of years he requested.  

11 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Did he end the season on a PS?    The data wasn’t updated when rosters were pulled,    so any Vets that were on a PS have the wrong age (usually 22).    So the vet Min is 870k

he ended the season on the cowboys playoff roster, so i don't think so?

16 minutes ago, Trojan said:

he's been the cheapest CB for multiple rounds, I picked him this round because he's literally no impact to top 51 cap

don't need a cb so hadn't even bothered to look at the position or would have noticed sooner