Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I had a deal in place to get to #4 to go get Stroud already, so Houston made the right move to jump back ahead. Tried a Hail Mary, but wasn't enough.

I would have just stayed at 2 and taken him then gone BPAs at 12 and 33, but if you're gonna give up capital to get your guy, so be it. 

looks good in the vacuum of this draft but that 1 next year which could be a top 1 pick, is pretty intense. But that is a problem for future theoretically non existent Texans

• Like 1

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

looks good in the vacuum of this draft but that 1 next year which could be a top 1 pick, is pretty intense. But that is a problem for future theoretically non existent Texans

I agree. I was offering a future 1st too, but with the Panthers division what it is, and them not being inept of talent, I wasn't scared of it being a very top 1st rounder.

With Stroud and Anderson, the mock Texans don't look like candidates for the 2024 top pick. Maybe top 10 if Stroud has rookie struggles as they still need WRs, but also maybe a borderline playoff contender. I could see the mock Texans finishing 2nd in their division. 

More or less two weeks ago I’d have probably stayed and taken Jalen Carter but at #3 I don’t think the Cardinals can afford to take a character risk. I like Tyree Wilson but I also think this class is deep with pass rushers. Trading down just made the most sense to me. Dropping to 12 is a little rich, but the 1st rounder next year I’m thinking probably lands around the 10-15 range. That belief is more because I think Stroud sees growing pains this year. Worst case scenario it lands probably early 20s which is still pretty decent. So I feel good about this trade 

• Like 1

Just now, LuckyNumber11 said:

More or less two weeks ago I’d have probably stayed and taken Jalen Carter but at #3 I don’t think the Cardinals can afford to take a character risk. I like Tyree Wilson but I also think this class is deep with pass rushers. Trading down just made the most sense to me. Dropping to 12 is a little rich, but the 1st rounder next year I’m thinking probably lands around the 10-15 range. That belief is more because I think Stroud sees growing pains this year. Worst case scenario it lands probably early 20s which is still pretty decent. So I feel good about this trade 

Plan on adding pick #32 from the Texans

Sun Glasses GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1