Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

25 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Start him at RT but hopefully take Matthews spot long term

I think if you tried to start him at LT, you’d be disappointed.

That’s why we took Freeman ahead of him. Darnell is a better prospect overall, but not for the left side, and that’s the need for Tennessee.

Still, a deal for him this late. Campbell too, is the best ILB in the class period. And Hyatt will be great Will Fuller.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Was thinking the same thing. Don't know if they kept Clark in TCMD but it's a good replacement. 

Didn’t keep Clark.    But Ojulari isn’t slotted to start.   Snaps likely increase during the season to keep the vets fresh.

Karlaftis , Za’Darius Smith, Mike Danna, Melvin Ingram, BJ Ojulari.     

• Like 1

Just now, RedGold said:

Didn’t keep Clark.    But Ojulari isn’t slotted to start.   Snaps likely increase during the season to keep the vets fresh.

Karlaftis , Za’Darius Smith, Mike Danna, Melvin Ingram, BJ Ojulari.     

Even if long term, it's a nice job!

• Like 1

My favorite picks of the 1st round

Texans - CJ Stroud, QB - I almost thought they royally screwed up at first, but eventually they swooped back up and got their guy and beat me to it in the process. 

Philly - Christian Gonzalez, CB - Having a guy come in and immediately contribute to a stellar defense is huge. He's my favorite corner, and I love the move for them.

Commanders - Michael Mayer, TE - a great trade back up to the last pick to get who some people say is the best TE in the draft. Can block and catch. Should be a very welcome addition for Sam Howell. 

-------------------

Early Round 2 picks I like:

Drew Sanders there to the Raiders will be big for that defense. He will be disruptive immediately while coming into his own. I also really like the Wright/ATL pick and the Ojulari/KC pick. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Early Round 2 picks I like:

Drew Sanders there to the Raiders will be big for that defense. He will be disruptive immediately while coming into his own. I also really like the Wright/ATL pick and the Ojulari/KC pick. 

Bills were trying to trade up for him when he made the offer to move back.

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

like ojuiari.  not sure i like the fit in KC though.  He screams 3-4 edge to me.  Don't think he'd hold up at the edge of a 4-3 front

Agree year 1.   I think he has potential and attitude to grow into a 3 down 43DE though. 

He’ll still have that freedom,  Our edges stand up quite a bit.    Right now,  all we care about is having someone that can win a 1 on 1 pass rush, other than Chris Jones.