Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

On 2/8/2023 at 9:01 AM, MikeT14 said:

ervfzgrqdpnc7lh5gqwq

Franchise: CAR      
Top 51 Available Cap:        

Trade Block        

Comments / Notes Compensation Contract Length ACQ'D STAT Pos Sort Player Identifier
Pick swap   2 Original ACT D 1017 - Ian Thomas - TE
Day 2? PIck swaps?   1 Original ACT M 2253 - Shaq Thompson - LB
    2 Original ACT N 0810 - Donte Jackson - CB
Day 3/Pick swap   1 Original ACT H 2022 - Pat Elflein - C

first timer here ...

so how do I add ppl to my trade block? do I need to recreate something similar to this ^^^ and then upload a picture?

I dont have access to edit in the workbook which I'm assuming is so that we cant just edit other ppls teams

2 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

first timer here ...

so how do I add ppl to my trade block? do I need to recreate something similar to this ^^^ and then upload a picture?

I dont have access to edit in the workbook which I'm assuming is so that we cant just edit other ppls teams

Are you not the main GM?

I just went to the trade block tab and added the players then copy and pasted.

1 minute ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

no I am , i just only have "view only" privileges

Where are you going to click your team? You want this spot in the message from Mike

2023 - Total Control General Manager Mock Draft
Created by the fan; for the fan
Welcome to another installment of Total Control GM Mock Draft!
Carolina Panthers
Total Control GM Mock Draft Personal Team Workbook
Carolina Panthers - Official Roster
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Based on what I was looking at for my team and then @Forge, we feel like it was, but that was me just basing it off what Mike said, not where I found it in a formula. 

From what I can tell the formula was adding roster bonuses from players outside of the top 51, so the cap was all screwed up.  Mike is working to fix it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Based on what I was looking at for my team and then @Forge, we feel like it was, but that was me just basing it off what Mike said, not where I found it in a formula. 

Ok I'm looking at it now.  The draft pool is included in his cap calc.  I'm working on figuring out the rest but just to update you on that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

@MikeT14

What issue is Mike working on right now?     I ask because on the trade block tab.  Cost for traded player is the same as released player which is not 100 percent accurate.

Right now we're just trying to make all of the teams have the correct starting cap space.  Gotta fix that first before any other issues. 

• Like 2

@ny92mike

Using Washington's workbook, I checked the Base Salary, B-GTD, Signing Bonus, Non-prorated and Cap Number columns. The columns labeled B-GTD, Signing Bonus, Non-prorated and Cap Number do not differ between the sum of the top 51 and the entire roster.  However, the sum of the Base Salary column differs by $6,088,100, which by my calculation is how much the cap is wrong. So your formula is deducting Base Salary from every player on the roster instead of just the top 51 cap number players. 

I will note that Washington's roster doesn't differ in those other columns, but if other teams have bonuses or other quirks in players below the top 51 line that may not be calculating correctly either.  Impossible for me to check without being able to manipulate the google doc myself (it says the fields are locked).