PLAYOFFS | Divisional | 1st Seed Eagles vs THE Jersey Bog Giants [Sat 8:15]

Kiltman

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Josh Sweat is one of the best run defenders at EDGE in this league. Gotta love it.

Now Haason gets pressure to force another punt.

Gotta love how the defense came out today. Credit to Gannon.

actually saw him blitz today. very surprised.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

Weird is that Sweat was bad when he first started. 

I don't think Sweat was ever really bad. He definitely wasn't this good at defending the run when he first got here if that's what you mean. I think from the beginning it was evident Sweat had the tools (great get off and lots of length), but Eagles were concerned early on about the knee and brought him along slowly with his snaps and increasing them year over year.

• Like 1

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don't think Sweat was ever really bad. He definitely wasn't this good at defending the run when he first got here if that's what you mean. I think from the beginning it was evident Sweat had the tools (great get off and lots of length), but Eagles were concerned early on about the knee and brought him along slowly with his snaps and increasing them year over year.

Sweat always flashed. Just never got the chances to really show his stuff until last year. Thank god he got that shot though he is a monster. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

also barnett was stubbornly getting way too many snaps

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

All these guys need a little pro coaching and refinement. Goedert or Celek weren’t very polished as blocking TEs. They ended up very good.