PLAYOFFS | Divisional | 1st Seed Eagles vs THE Jersey Bog Giants [Sat 8:15]

Kiltman

Hey, the Vikings lost….shocker…that means we get to play the Giants one more time and go for the 3peat this season and it sends the winner of the Cowboys/Bucs cross country to play the Niners on short rest.

This also means we are probably playing on Saturday but we’ll see what the NFL officially does.

Eagles handled the Giants fairly well in the full starters vs Starters game, and sorta staved off the half backups while staying fairly vanilla in week 18. 

Giants are at full health, Avonte Maddox seems to be the biggest Eagle that will be out. Lane is a go, they’ve somewhat poorly tried to make a Jalen is hurt narrative to go into this week…he should be fine.

Expect to see some well cooked gameplans on both sides. 

Previous Matchups this season…

The one that matters

ONr0sbu.jpg
PdlsBoZ.jpg

the one that didn’t really 

aMx27BE.jpg
CK5Dg1S.jpg

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Weather update

Let's hope for Saturday then for the weather.

Very excited for this matchup. Not even gonna lie I wanted this matchup so we could potentially get Hurts back to rolling before the possible run

A matchup against the Cowboys or Bucs would've definitely been thrown right into the fire imo. Giants still will be tough due to being a divisional foe but it's the best we could've hoped for outside of Seattle

Definitely all the trappings of a one and done. Shades of 07' Giants. I think this is the worst round one opponent that was possible for the Eagles, even over the Cowboys. Eagles are going to look at past performance and take them lightly... it's human nature and Giants are due to pay one back for 08' and Miracle at Meadowlands II game.

Edited by WheatieMan

2 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Definitely all the trappings of a one and done. Shades of 07' Giants. I think this is the worst round one opponent that was possible for the Eagles, even over the Cowboys. Eagles are going to look at past performance and take them lightly... it's human nature and Giants are due to pay one back for 08' and Miracle at Meadowlands II game.

I feel like your account is just an AI predictive text bot that was setup to be a Cowboys fan and until proven otherwise I am just going to continue to believe that.

• Like 3

If the Giants are good enough to beat us in Philly, you know they’re winning it all.  That’d mean an NFCC vs 49ers? Huge underdogs in SB vs Chiefs or Bills? 2011 all over again.

If Hurts is fine, and we don’t get sloppy I like our odds. Talent gap is significant. Jones looked superb today, which is a bit scary but Vikings pass D sucked all year while we have 1 of best. I expect to see a run heavy gameplan from Giants anyway, so punching them in mouth early and often like week 14 is key.

28 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

after week 18, when we barley beat their backups, there’s no chance anybody is taking that team/staff lightly.

Our decision to go vanilla that game looking genius in hindsight. We knew a rematch was possible, and here we are. Didn’t give them anything on film.

We matchup extremely well vs the Giants on paper. Their biggest strength is their interior DL and our OL is our biggest strength. They lack weapons outside so they will want to lean on Barkley which lets us focus on stopping the run and allowing our elite pass rush to tee off vs a middle of the pack OL. Their secondary is suspect and AJ, Smitty, and Goedert should have their way in one on one matchups. Frankly... we are just the better team. If Jalen Hurts is truly healthy and we can run our offense how we did all year we should have a great shot at getting to the NFCCG. I still expect a dogfight and a hard fought game. Won't be a blowout.

18 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

If the Giants are good enough to beat us in Philly, you know they’re winning it all.  That’d mean an NFCC vs 49ers? Huge underdogs in SB vs Chiefs or Bills? 2011 all over again.

If Hurts is fine, and we don’t get sloppy I like our odds. Talent gap is significant. Jones looked superb today, which is a bit scary but Vikings pass D sucked all year while we have 1 of best. I expect to see a run heavy gameplan from Giants anyway, so punching them in mouth early and often like week 14 is key.

Vikings D is like ranked 31st. It won’t be that way next weekend. 

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Let's hope for Saturday then for the weather.

Very excited for this matchup. Not even gonna lie I wanted this matchup so we could potentially get Hurts back to rolling before the possible run

A matchup against the Cowboys or Bucs would've definitely been thrown right into the fire imo. Giants still will be tough due to being a divisional foe but it's the best we could've hoped for outside of Seattle

we are saturday no matter what. They arent making the monday night guys play on such a short week.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Divisional Round

Saturday, Jan. 21

AFC: 4:30 p.m. (ET) Jacksonville Jaguars at Kansas City Chiefs (NBC, Peacock, Universo)

NFC: 8:15 p.m. (ET) New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles (FOX, FOX Deportes)

Figured they’d opt for the big markets for the later game. Can watch the Ex Bowl at 4:15 between Dougie P and Andy as a nice lead in.