PLAYOFFS | Divisional | 1st Seed Eagles vs THE Jersey Bog Giants [Sat 8:15]

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

True they weren't playing their best ball down the stretch, but 2 of those losses were without Hurts & the last game was super vanilla & last week of the season games get weird. I'm just saying the way you, @Broadway Joe (who liked your post), & RMIB have talked over the past month its almost been like you guys have been ready to give up on your team which is why the most optimistic person on here this year (old man Nabbs) liked my post lol.

I'm all for non-homersitc posting, really.

The opposite of NoFlyZone pretty much. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

I'm all for non-homersitc posting, really.

The opposite of NoFlyZone pretty much. 

I just think you guys swing into negadelphian mode too fast sometimes, but yes its better to be more on the critical side than praising every little thing and never being realistic lol. 

It still makes me laugh the Vikings won 13 games and were 27th in DVOA & 28th for weighed DVOA which accounts for more recent play. Giants rank 21st in regular & 18th in weighed. Like Giants were ten spots better if we are going off weighted (more recent play). That upset really shouldn't have been that hard for anyone to predict. Also, its not like the Vikings struggled moving the ball down the field on them even with Jefferson being mainly taken away & being used as a decoy. 

I hope we don't get too pass happy cause the Giants run defense is terrible despite having Lawrence & Williams in the middle.

They are dead last at 32nd in rush DVOA. They were tied with the Lions for 2nd to last giving up 5.2 yards per attempt. 

We should be seeing at least 20 carries with our backs.... Boston Scott wya?

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I hope we don't get too pass happy cause the Giants run defense is terrible despite having Lawrence & Williams in the middle.

They are dead last at 32nd in rush DVOA. They were tied with the Lions for 2nd to last giving up 5.2 yards per attempt. 

We should be seeing at least 20 carries with our backs.... Boston Scott wya?

We ran for 250 and 4 TDs the first game. I’d hope Nick and Co. would have a running gameplan in place. 

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I just think you guys swing into negadelphian mode too fast sometimes, but yes its better to be more on the critical side than praising every little thing and never being realistic lol. 

It's the, rather be pessimistic and when it doesn't go great, less disappointmented. Rather then full tilt optimistic and devastated after said loss.

Let's be real, it's been the 50 year long approach until the 2017 surprise.  Is what it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

True that they weren't playing their best ball down the stretch, but 2 of those losses were without Hurts & the last game was super vanilla & last week of the season games get weird. I'm just saying the way you, @Broadway Joe (who liked your post), & RMIB have talked over the past month its almost been like you guys have been ready to give up on your team which is why the most optimistic person on here this year (old man Nabbs) liked my post lol.

I do think you're right that the Giants aren't on the same level of the Eagles. The only 2 times the Giants have scored 30+ was in the runaway blowout against the Colts a few weeks ago who had already basically quit on the season and this past week against the Vikings who have been a bad defense with lots of issues all year.

Right and I even posted in NFL Gen that I think it's crazy how ppl are factoring in the Eagles 3 most  recent performances consisting of Minshew and a 70ish% Jalen Hurts in a vanilla gameplan. It's asinine. All of this sleep from ppl could be a huge boon for us actually. I was more upset with their performances against the Texans, Commanders, Colts and Bears. Slop fests filled with concerning/careless play against bad teams. It was becoming trendy there for a bit.

• Like 1

If Hurts , Lane and CGJ are a fraction let alone 90% of thier former selves,  I'm not concerned in the slightest!!! Godforbid, Maddox!!!

Problem is, No body knows!! Hence the concern, hence the hesitation in being confident.  

If fully healthy there is not a single team in the NFL I personally am worried about. Least of all the Giants.  We aren't healthy, that's not the case. So.......is what it is!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think that’s fair. It’s definitely a spectrum between negativity and positivity, with objectivity at dead center.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

If Hurts , Lane and CGJ are a fraction let alone 90% of thier former selves,  I'm not concerned in the slightest!!! Godforbid, Maddox!!!

Problem is, No body knows!! Hence the concern, hence the hesitation in being confident.  

If fully healthy there is not a single team in the NFL I personally am worried about. Least of all the Giants.  We aren't healthy, that's not the case. So.......is what it is!

I tend to agree. I was reminded how good we are when healthy as I watched the NFL YouTube highlights of each game these past few days. Unfortunately, there’s reason to be concerned over the health/rust factor, and we just won’t know until a few drives into this game.

15 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The Eagles have a long way to go to change that mentality. One Super Bowl doesn't erase decades of disappointment. It is not swinging into Negadelphian mode, that is the norm. When the Eagles start catching up with the winning franchises, so will we. An all-time winning record and an MVP would be a nice start.