PLAYOFFS | Divisional | 1st Seed Eagles vs THE Jersey Bog Giants [Sat 8:15]

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Always love the chance to add some postseason spice to the rivalry. 

Each game was so different, this one will probably be too with all the guys back for both teams and starters/non-vanilla game plans in place.

Hopefully we can rebuild our rivalry up. It’s been pretty sucky for the past few years.

Agreed, that’s the great thing about football. You can get blown out one week, come back the next sand say wassup.

2 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

Not all difference makers are All-Pros. Those are 3 of the Giants top 5 defenders. They will certainly make a huge difference. I wouldn't bet on the Giants winning the game. But I will guarantee it will be a lot closer than Week 14. Those 3 guys will be a big reason why.

Maybe so, but idk are any of them really even that good? They don't really seem like difference makers to me. Especially when they'll be going against guys multiple tiers of talent above them.

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

Well it’s no fun to say, Eagles blew them out over a month ago, why even play the game. That wouldn’t give us much to talk about lol. They are still 3 of our top 5 defensive players. Hopefully they make a difference. Eagles are 7.5 points for a reason though.

Yeah I mean but 3 of the top 5 defenders on a meh defense is like not really saying much. Idk just feels like a way for the media to drum up this game not being so lopsided as it really is.

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah him too. Just feel like this is kind of trying too hard to justify a narrative. Like these dudes are All-Pros or something. Solid players but for them to be brought up as much as they have been is a bit much and kinda like, really that's all ya got? That's why the Giants will win?

I think Xavier Mckinney has All-Pro potential, however All-Pro are not all of them are legitimate starters. Dexter plays at his best when Leo is there. The secondary the Eagles played first time had one starter and a bunch of practice squad players in it. That is not happening this time around.

Edited by Go_Giants

22 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

The Eagles have a long way to go to change that mentality. One Super Bowl doesn't erase decades of disappointment. It is not swinging into Negadelphian mode, that is the norm. When the Eagles start catching up with the winning franchises, so will we. An all-time winning record and an MVP would be a nice start. 

I’d say overall if we are just talking regular season and playoff wins we’ve been up there since I became a fan like early 2000s. I’ve never felt the sense of being a dominant team over years, but not many teams have experienced that recently besides like Chiefs now and Pats in the past. All I know is I’ve never felt stuck in mediocrity like Washington or stuck in poverty like the Browns. I get airing on the side of caution cause we usually fall short in the end at some point, but winning a SB is hard, especially in the salary cap era.

Just be glad you didn’t (unless you way older than me) grow up watching Eagles football in the 50s to 70s. 

UJHGAdZ.png

Cause I mean.... look at this ****.

The Eagles time under Lurie has been the best this fanbase has experienced besides the 40s when they won two championships, but there was only ten teams back then lol.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’d say overall if we are just talking regular season and playoff wins we’ve been up there since I became a fan like early 2000s. I’ve never felt the sense of being a dominant team over years, but not many teams have experienced that recently besides like Chiefs now and Pats in the past. All I know is I’ve never felt stuck in mediocrity like Washington or stuck in poverty like the Browns. I get airing on the side of caution cause we usually fall short in the end at some point, but winning a SB is hard, especially in the salary cap era.

Just be glad you didn’t (unless you way older than me) grow up watching Eagles football in the 50s to 70s. 

UJHGAdZ.png

Cause I mean.... look at this ****.

The Eagles time under Lurie has been the best this fanbase has experienced besides the 40s when they won two championships, but there was only ten teams back then lol.

We usually go by the 2000s threshold because it is convenient for us as fans. Those Andy Reid teams after the Super Bowl loss gave you the illusion of competing but they didn't really. Now that we finally want one, I want the Eagles to because a storied franchise, to close the gap between division rivals, and to have a winning record against them. I'm still mad that Tampa a historically sh*tty franchise has more than us, and that Seattle and NO another two of those, got theirs before us. 

1 hour ago, ACO said:

Really hyped for these games. I think this will be a close one but Eagles will outplay them in the end.

I need to know. Who are you rooting for on this one?

Edited by Broadway Joe