2022 Divisional Round: NFC 6) New York Giants @ 1) Philadelphia Eagles

notthatbluestuff

Who wins?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Giants
    • Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/22/2023 at 01:15 AM

42 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I think ppl who haven't been paying attention will be surprised how much closer this game will be.   

I'm trying to figure out who the people are that think it's going to be a blowout? 

Most Divisional matchups are close, an given Sunday type stuff. Especially in the playoffs. 

Cin/Bal was

Buff/Mia was

SF/Sea was, for a 1/2.

Be shocked if it wasn’t the case Saturday in this matchup. Regardless of overall talent and seedings on both sides. 

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm trying to figure out who the people are that think it's going to be a blowout? 

Most Divisional matchups are close, an given Sunday type stuff. Especially in the playoffs. 

Cin/Bal was

Buff/Mia was

SF/Sea was, for a 1/2.

Be shocked if it wasn’t the case Saturday in this matchup. Regardless of overall talent and seedings on both sides. 

Well Vegas already lined it at -7.5.    That’s pretty wide.  

32 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Cin/Bal was

Buff/Mia was

SF/Sea was, for a 1/2.

Me, I do. Giants are going to get blown out.

6 hours ago, minutemancl said:

In the last 33 years, the Giants are 6-0 against 1 seeds in the playoffs.

Also been almost 10 years since the Giants won in Philly sooooo, anything is possible.  🤷‍♂️

Eagles are 5-0 in home Divisional playoff games in Eagles history.

Guess something has to give. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

Pleeeeeaaasssseeee? I hate how chill you guys are after finally winning.

You mean not arrogant,  not cocky? Injuries to key game changing, season changing players will do that to you. 

We're not talking about pre injured Hurts, Lane, CGJ, Maddox and Goedert.  If they were 100% you absolutely would see that arrogance on full display. 

Not the case! Is what it is.🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Also been almost 10 years since the Giants won in Philly sooooo, anything is possible.  🤷‍♂️

Eagles are 5-0 in home Divisional playoff games in Eagles history.

Guess something has to give. 

I saw David Carr bring this up- the Giants were the 1 seed in 2008, the year after winning the super bowl. They were injured and limped a bit into the postseason, thanks to Plax shooting himself, then got eliminated at home by the 6th seeded Eagles who had just beaten the Vikings in Minnesota.

All are historical notes that obviously have no bearing on the result of the game Saturday night, but still fun to bring up.

Doing some more history digging, I didn't realize the Eagles didn't win a playoff game between that 2008 win over the Giants and their super bowl run in 2017.

This will be the first postseason meeting between these teams since that game in 2008 season, and the 5th ever. Series is tied 2-2. Each team has a one-score win and a double digit win. Each team is 1-1 in both home and away games.

• Like 1