Divisional Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Dallas Cowboys

J-ALL-DAY

Ugly W, but a win is a win

The mistakes at the end were killing me. Mitchell going out of bounds, Shanny passing it on the last 3rd down (it was a screen but still, could have been dropped) and Armstead not taking the easy safety at the end. There was no reason they should have gotten the ball back 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

The mistakes at the end were killing me. Mitchell going out of bounds, Shanny passing it on the last 3rd down (it was a screen but still, could have been dropped) and Armstead not taking the easy safety at the end. There was no reason they should have gotten the ball back 

49ers once again gave Dallas multiple chances with time ticking down lol. Greenlaw could have ended it on the INT, Gumbo didn't run out of bounds, and Armstead didn't tackle Dak in the endzone for a safety WTF....

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

That's it then they've way exceeded expectations and next week it most likely ends but hopefully not. Next week the only chance is if the running works from start to finish and hopefully the defense can punish Jalen Hurts by targeting his shoulder.

After a game where Shanahan had all the right buttons, he was out coached heavily in the first half. The Cowboys had been a bad team against outside runs most of the year, so that was the main gameplan. But they geared up against the outside zone and play action game hard. So it was the split zone and power and drop back passing game that won it for us offensively in the second half. And an immense performance by a defense that hadn’t needed one of these games in a long time. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

After a game where Shanahan had all the right buttons, he was out coached heavily in the first half. The Cowboys had been a bad team against outside runs most of the year, so that was the main gameplan. But they geared up against the outside zone and play action game hard. So it was the split zone and power and drop back passing game that won it for us offensively in the second half. And an immense performance by a defense that hadn’t needed one of these games in a long time. 

Yes...defense saved one of their best games of the year for Dallas thank goodness. 

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I'm gonna pray that the 49ers OL doesn't get punked like for the second straight game against the Eagles. That was just sad. 

I'm not sure I'll even want to rewatch this game again from start to finish for a long time. Doesn't feel like a W to be jovial about. Ahhh well, squad won!!!

You guys are crazy. Dallas showed up to play and that was a titanic showcase. Sometimes the other guys make plays too.

• Like 2