Week 20 - Divisional Round

Leader

Looks like all of the pretenders got shaken out. Jax will go down swinging. Purdy9ers finally hit the wall.  Cinci/Buffalo is a coin toss but I think Buffalo got their wake up call. That game probably should be on a neutral site but thems the breaks. 

Got 5 out of 6 last time. The only  game I got wrong was Minnesota.

Saturday:
Kansas City (H) over Jacksonville
Philadelphia (H) over New York Giants

Sunday:
Buffalo (H) over Cincinnati 
Dallas over San Francisco (H) 

Usually there is always at least one upset and i'm going with Dallas to upset the 49ers.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 5:34 AM, Refugee said:

Looks like all of the pretenders got shaken out. Jax will go down swinging. Purdy9ers finally hit the wall.  Cinci/Buffalo is a coin toss but I think Buffalo got their wake up call. That game probably should be on a neutral site but thems the breaks. 

True, CIN got robbed big time and they know it. They were winning 7-3 in the week 17 matchup against BUF and were driving before the unfortunate event occured. This divisional game should be played at a neutral site and BUF should have offered to play it at a neutral site, especially after all the city of Cincinnati and the Bengals did to help Hamlin recover. its like cheating to have it played in BUF and It's not fair on CIN at all. It's not their fault that one of BUF players had a cardiac arrest on the field. CIN have basically been punished for it because the NFL wants to cater to BUF. I've lost a lot of respect for BUF organization after this because they allowed the Bengals to get screwed.

Edited by AJAK

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I just want to see the Cowboys and Jaguars win this week.

If those two things happen I’m happy with whatever outcome.

Yeah, I want to see McCarthy get revenge on the 49ers. It would be nice to see. 

• Like 3

On 1/18/2023 at 8:00 AM, Outpost31 said:

I just want to see the Cowboys and Jaguars win this week.

If those two things happen I’m happy with whatever outcome.

The Dallas pass rush should be able to get after Brock more than any of the 49ers prior opponents had been able to and they should be able to contain the running game with their LBs healthier.

Hopefully Dak doesn't turn the ball over a bunch. He cleaned that up vs. Tampa, but the billion picks before then are concerning.

I have a hard time seeing Jacksonville winning, but KC has played a lot of **** around and find out games in the back half of this season so it's not impossible.

Edited by Striker

Dallas isn't beating SanFran.  I wouldn't mind seeing it but not going to happen.  San Fran is my pick to win it all.  Defense wins championships.  

Anyway it's pretty clear this week really don't expect any upsets.  

Buffalo, Kansas City, San Fransisco, and Philly.  Pretty clear cut.  No surprises.  The team I would love to go down is KC.  Honestly though the Jags won't have a chance. 

32 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Dallas isn't beating SanFran.  I wouldn't mind seeing it but not going to happen.  San Fran is my pick to win it all.  Defense wins championships.  

Anyway it's pretty clear this week really don't expect any upsets.  

Buffalo, Kansas City, San Fransisco, and Philly.  Pretty clear cut.  No surprises.  The team I would love to go down is KC.  Honestly though the Jags won't have a chance. 

"defence wins championships" Not in this pass happy and offence driven league. The rules are now tendered to offence, its not the NFL of old. Defences aren't allowed to play defence anymore. They cant hit the QB, They can't hit receivers and they cannot make any kind of contact with receivers beyond 5 yards. its a watered down product down.

That is why you always hear QBs that played in the NFL in the past like Dan Marino and Joe Montana mention how happy they would be to play in todays NFL. Marino even said that he would throw for 60 TDs every season and with the arm that he had I completely believe him.

Also, a rookie QB isn't beating Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes in the super bowl. No way. Its a year too early for SF. 

On 1/16/2023 at 11:56 PM, Scoremore said:

Got everything right except Cincy isn't beating Buffalo.  Nope not with that O-line.  It's their achilles heal.  

While I agree that Buffalo will most likely win Allen sure likes to turn the ball over and get into hero mode. Personally I'm hoping for Cincy, but mostly I just want a good game. 

30 minutes ago, AJAK said:

"defence wins championships" Not in this pass happy and offence driven league. The rules are now tendered to offence, its not the NFL of old. Defences aren't allowed to play defence anymore. They cant hit the QB, They can't hit receivers and they cannot make any kind of contact with receivers beyond 5 yards. its a watered down product down.

That is why you always hear QBs that played in the NFL in the past like Dan Marino and Joe Montana mention how happy they would be to play in todays NFL. Marino even said that he would throw for 60 TDs every season and with the arm that he had I completely believe him.

Also, a rookie QB isn't beating Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes in the super bowl. No way. Its a year too early for SF. 

That's what I thought.  Purdy however is no fluke.  SF has the #1 Defense in the league.  They are the best team in the NFL.  Cincy doesn't have the O-line.  KC Defense sucks.  It will be Buffalo and SF in Superbowl.  Best in the AFC vs best in the NFC.  Should be a hell of a game.  In the end though believe San Fran will edge them out. Allen as great as he can be makes mistakes and that will be the difference.  We'll see.