Divisional Round GDT: Cowboys @ 49ers - Keep it Rolling

D82

2 minutes ago, pf9 said:

The Cowboys need a coach that is capable of beating the 49ers in the playoffs. Reid has done that.

And what makes you think Reid is leaving KC????? There is absolutely no way that he does and there is absolutely no way KC trades him to Dallas. 

6 minutes ago, D82 said:

I feel like y'all always tend to blame the QB...when we've went through how many different players over the years with essentially the same result. 

All the lack of playoff success over decades and multiple coaches,players, and schemes would point to a structural issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

I feel like y'all always tend to blame the QB...when we've went through how many different players over the years with essentially the same result. 

I’ve mentioned multiple people at fault for this result. It’s not only the QB fault, the coaches have also been terrible. We know it’s ultimately the fault of the F.O. that holds back the potential of these teams. The Cowboys GM hire puppet coaches to appease the owner. The owner and son has weekly radio shows where they talk about to status of the players.

We all know the Jones family isn’t going anywhere. The only hope is for Dallas to get a transcendent QB. 

Just now, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

We also know that you’d rather lose than have Jerry Jones win something.

I’m happy for you. Live it up, this is your Super Bowl.

No, I’d rather win. I’ve simply accepted the fact that we won’t as long as he’s running the organization. It’s called accepting the obvious. 

5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Dak was hot garbage tonight. He earned all the crap he’s going to get this offseason.

I’m happy for everyone who gets to take a victory lap. I wonder if, deep down, you were all hoping for it.

I’m crushed.

I was definitely not HOPING for it but I fully EXPECTED Dak to not play good.  Dak has a full history of playing like crap against good teams.  Large portions of the fan base get fooled by Dak’s ability to abuse bad teams.  It’s like an ugly chick with nice hooters… if you just focus on the knockers you might think “marriage material.”  Then you marry the ugly chick, pay her $50m/yr and you can’t even divorce the wench without costing you half of everything.  The moral of the story… we should have NEVER paid an average QB anything more than average QB money.

• Like 1

Lol

You guys really make me laugh with the over reactions 

I'll be returning back to my passive browsing and laughing at the high emotional responses until draft time, when I start posting again :)

Some things for you sky is falling folks:

1. It was Jerry and Stephen that assembled this squad which was dominant on offense and defense all season long, even with a damn backup QB for a handful of games

2. One score game against the best team in the NFC against this generations Kurt Warner is certainly a good showing

3. Of course Dak made some bad throws. So does Josh Allen, Mahomes, so did Brady, both Mannings, Montana, and every QB. If you want to ignore all the good moments cause of a couple bad ones, it must suck to be married to you

4. If the team pulls out the win, Dak is everyone's golden boy for another week, bad throws or not

5. Dak threw a very bad pick...so it's okay to forget how this highly touted defense allowed a rookie 7th round selection to complete 6 or 7 key throws on a game winning drive (#sarcasm)

6. Dak threw two picks. So it's doubley okay to ignore four missed tackles on a third down run that killed out a big chunk of clock (#moresarcasm)

7. Micah Parsons, the super Star, goes another consecutive game without an impact play. Sad to say it, but this kid needs to be limited with his edge play. Wasn't what he was drafted to do, and dominating for half a season and being quiet for half a season is a telltale sign of full time edge play not being ideal for his body.

8. Kellen Moore is likely a HC in NCAA or NFL next season. And he may well be a good HC. But his over creativeness the last two years was overshadowed by a lack of any creativeness this season. he has yet to find that middle ground that makes guys like Shannahan and McVay great offensive minded HCs. If he returns next season, there needs to be some veteran playcaller and game sheet manager oversight. 

9. McCarthy was run out of GB because of these same miscues plaguing Dallas..penalties, poor clock management, lack of focus in key moments. 

10. The over emotional reactions ive seen here this year:

Bench Terrence Steele for one bad game (ended up our second most consistent OL)

let Lamb play second fiddle to Noah Brown (Brown became King Drop, Lamb went 2nd team All Pro)

Cooper Rush should be the teams starter for good (Rushs noodle arm and lack of mobility was exposed, and it was clear he is a backup for a reason)

Mike McCarthy is the best HC the team has had since Johnson(McCarthys usual problems since year one in GB played a huge role in a majority of the teams losses, and showed up even in wins)

Dorance Armstrong belongs in the starting lineup over Lawrence (Lawrence's relentless play sends him to a pro bowl, Armstrong's two rush moves made some plays but faded out after it showed up on film for a few weeks)

Many others. Why am I saying this? In hopes of opening the eyes to how emotional reactions can come back to sound really stupid later. Take a breath. It's a heartbreaking loss by one score to a team that is probably the deepest quality depth charts on both sides of the ball. It stings, but we still have a damn good team. Don't say something stupid out of heart break.

1 minute ago, WheatieMan said:

The schedule is easy next year, Jets Pats Seahawks at home. Only @Bills and @49ers as far as tough games. Should go 13-4 with a decent off season and some luck. As long a we avoid 49ers or Rogers, I believe we can get over the hump...

I get what you're saying, but the reality is, there really is no easy schedule.

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

I’ve mentioned multiple people at fault for this result. It’s not only the QB fault, the coaches have also been terrible. We know it’s ultimately the fault of the F.O. that holds back the potential of these teams. The Cowboys GM hire puppet coaches to appease the owner. The owner and son has weekly radio shows where they talk about to status of the players.

We all know the Jones family isn’t going anywhere. The only hope is for Dallas to get a transcendent QB. 

It's a team game. Every winning franchise makes moves to better the team and put their QB in position for success. 

Dallas settles for less. 

Super Bowl or the team is trash and there is no future.

Why is there no inbetween with you people? The team was strong this year and did good things… they just aren’t the very best team out of 32 — they actually probably lost to the best one in football. Doesn’t erase everything else that happened this year. 

13 minutes ago, D82 said:

Warning:  IM GOING TO BE CRITICAL OF DAK.  PLEASE DONT LEAVE THE FORUM

When the QB leads the league in INTs despite missing 5 games and throws 2 more in the the playoff loss (when we actually had momentum in our favor)… it’s disingenuous to blame anyone other than the QB.  

Just now, The_Slamman said:

Warning:  IM GOING TO BE CRITICAL OF DAK.  PLEASE DONT LEAVE THE FORUM

When the QB leads the league in INTs despite missing 5 games and throws 2 more in the the playoff loss (when we actually had momentum in our favor)… it’s disingenuous to blame anyone other than the QB.  

He also nearly threw 3 more; one of which would’ve been a TAINT.

• Like 1