Giants Offseason Talk

Acgott

It's worth noting that this draft sucks at guard, but is unbelievable at center. You can find a day 1 starter at center in this upcoming draft. John Michael-Schmitz is the best in this draft, but then you've got Wypler from Ohio State, Tippman from Wisconsin, Oluwatimi from Michigan, Patterson from Notre Dame, Scruggs from Penn State, and Stromberg from Arkansas. All big time players from big time schools. Insane amount of Center depth and talent.

14 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I wouldn't have any issue with the team trading to get a legit receiver using our first rounder to do it.

Not sure I'm willing to wait to develop a receiver at this point.

What receiver do you have in mind? Teams don’t typically trade good young talent. This year shouldn’t be taken as superbowl or bust for them.

17 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I wouldn't have any issue with the team trading to get a legit receiver using our first rounder to do it.

Not sure I'm willing to wait to develop a receiver at this point.

Pittman man. I did it in Madden. 1st and a 4th. Signed him to a 5 year 100M contract. Now the dude balls out and is a 90. 

I also converted KG to TE and he has progressed nicely. TBH I should be the NYG GM. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Acgott said:

What receiver do you have in mind? Teams don’t typically trade good young talent. This year shouldn’t be taken as superbowl or bust for them.

Maybe not superbowl or bust but Daniel still hasn't had a receiver to really help him out.  

I'd be interested in Tee Higgins.  Proven young talent.

10 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Maybe not superbowl or bust but Daniel still hasn't had a receiver to really help him out.  

I'd be interested in Tee Higgins.  Proven young talent.

I still have a hard time seeing the Bengals trading him. It’s going to take a big contract and draft picks for him. A lot to muster over. He’s a second rounder, so no 5th year option.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Crazier stuff has happened.  Besides it's all just a wish list at this point.

From what I understand after dropping 400M on Burrow there wont be enough to retain Chase, Boyd and Hig so one of them is on the chopping block. Could be totally feasible hes available via trade. But if he wants to be paid top 5 WR money.. just not worth it. 

Just now, Shockwave said:

From what I understand after dropping 400M on Burrow there wont be enough to retain Chase, Boyd and Hig so one of them is on the chopping block. Could be totally feasible hes available via trade. But if he wants to be paid top 5 WR money.. just not worth it. 

Can't speak on what he wants to make but if that 5th year option is available it buys time to see if he's worth top 5 money.

32 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

It's worth noting that this draft sucks at guard, but is unbelievable at center. You can find a day 1 starter at center in this upcoming draft. John Michael-Schmitz is the best in this draft, but then you've got Wypler from Ohio State, Tippman from Wisconsin, Oluwatimi from Michigan, Patterson from Notre Dame, Scruggs from Penn State, and Stromberg from Arkansas. All big time players from big time schools. Insane amount of Center depth and talent.

It’s been a lifetime since we had a reliable OL/C. Hopefully we can get a good one to pair with Thomas and Neal