Giants Offseason Talk

Acgott

14 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

My point is that there are so few actual 1st round talents, that those position groups are the only ones that may still have 1st round talents available at 25. At WR, JSN isn't going to be available, and he may be the only actual 1st round talent WR available this year. We could reach and take Flowers or Hyatt, but we'd likely be leaving a better player on the board.

I understand. My point was more going with a BPA that’s TE or RB, while a need, I wouldn’t rank it as top 3. I’ll probably need to see a draft board to see if skipping a top 3 need would make sense.

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

I also will never support a RB in round 1.

Yea please no. We made that mistake once. I love SB but he wasn't worth that pick. WR, CB, Edge, Tackle are the only acceptable 1st round picks this year. Either give DJ weapons or build up his line. Anything else is a waste of pick. 

Edited by Shockwave
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Yea please no. We made that mistake once. I love SB but he wasn't worth that pick. WR, CB, Edge, Tackle are the only acceptable 1st round picks this year. Either give DJ weapons or build up his line. Anything else is a waste of pick. 

I still have nightmares from when we drafted David Wilson.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

If Bijan is available at 25, I wonder if Buffalo or Miami would consider trading up with us to jump Dallas for him. He's one of only 2 or 3 blue chip players in this class.

I have a feeling he's going to go top 10.  I know that's not the expectation. But all of the "elite" top RB prospects in recent years have been expected to drop. But they've all gone top 10 and some even top 5. All it takes is one team to bite. But who knows what will happen. He very well may be there when we pick.

Edited by w4rrior723
  • Like 1

If you believe we need to draft SB's replacement, then target a guy like Spears or Evans in the 3-4 round. Don't waste another 1st on a RB. It's become such an insignificant position in the modern NFL. Bijan is a legit weapon but he's not going to put us over the top. a true #1 WR is light years more valuable. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shockwave said:

If you believe we need to draft SB's replacement, then target a guy like Spears or Evans in the 3-4 round. Don't waste another 1st on a RB. It's become such an insignificant position in the modern NFL. Bijan is a legit weapon but he's not going to put us over the top. a true #1 WR is light years more valuable. 

Agreed. I don't think we should necessarily take Bijan. But this draft arguably doesn't have a true #1, especially one that will be there at 25. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

Agreed. I don't think we should necessarily take Bijan. But this draft arguably doesn't have a true #1, especially one that will be there at 25. 

Bijan is a better RB than any WR in this draft is a WR, by a large margin too.

Not saying we should definitely draft Bijan, but if we sit at 25 and he's there at 25, it will most likely be hard to pass him up because he's such a better prospect than just about anyone else. He'd be BPA.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You guys need to get a #1 WR, you're paying DJ like an elite QB, you gotta get him some weapons.

That is correct, but doesn’t mean spending all your money on one player. You make smart moves

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You can always restructure his deal though. I read that Gabe Davis could be a potential trade target for you as well. 

Hopkins wants a brand new deal. Why would the Giants want to restructure his deal and push more money into future years. They aren’t contenders this year. This is still a team that overachieved last year with a bad roster.

Davis is an average receiver, I’ll rather just use the pick in the draft and take my chance there. Giants can’t overspend on a weak market just because they have a need.