Giants Offseason Talk

Acgott

Just now, Acgott said:

Hopkins wants a brand new deal. Why would the Giants want to restructure his deal and push more money into future years. They aren’t contenders this year. This is still a team that overachieved last year with a bad roster.

Davis is an average receiver, I’ll rather just use the pick in the draft and take my chance there. Giants can’t overspend on a weak market just because they have a need.

But they should probably look to make a move this year while DJ's cap hit is still super manageable. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But they should probably look to make a move this year while DJ's cap hit is still super manageable. 

If there is a logical move, but you don’t make moves just to make them. That money will be spent on extensions for Dex and Barkley as well as free agents at all the other positions they need help with.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Acgott said:

I wonder if this some sort of behind the scenes agreement that if he doesn't make the team he'll just retire. From a fan perspective, it's great to have him back he's so likeable. But you can be wasting a spot on the 53 for a near guaranteed injury. In prior years I would easily take that chance over the scrub WRs they had in the WR room but I'm hoping there are no scrubs this year which makes keeping him more risky

3 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

I wonder if this some sort of behind the scenes agreement that if he doesn't make the team he'll just retire. From a fan perspective, it's great to have him back he's so likeable. But you can be wasting a spot on the 53 for a near guaranteed injury. In prior years I would easily take that chance over the scrub WRs they had in the WR room but I'm hoping there are no scrubs this year which makes keeping him more risky

It’s a minimum contract, it’s still important to have veteran leadership. If he’s healthy he’s a decent player. I wouldn’t worry about it. There’s a long way to go before the 53.

I gotta admit i love the resigning of most of the guys we had last season. Schoen is being smart here. The familiarity he's creating is fantastic. Shep i think was a smart move, Kreiter was a smart move and the few others he's resigned has been great. Rewarding your own first is key.