The Lamar offseason talk thread

diamondbull424

3 hours ago, JetsFanFromPitt said:

Commanders offering 3 first round picks and giving lamar a 6 year fully guaranteed deal per schefter

https://www.tiktok.com/@pardonmytake/video/7206426524696857899?_r=1&_t=8agE3QHICrb

If that's accurate no way the Ravens don't take that and no way Lamar doesn't take that. That's what he wants.

18 hours ago, JetsFanFromPitt said:

Commanders offering 3 first round picks and giving lamar a 6 year fully guaranteed deal per schefter

https://www.tiktok.com/@pardonmytake/video/7206426524696857899?_r=1&_t=8agE3QHICrb

They reveal at the end of the podcast it was a prank. It was from a couple weeks ago.

Edited by typecast

49 minutes ago, Danger said:

Do you guys expect anything to happen before the draft?

I don’t.

Personally I don’t think it would make any sense for a team to do anything with Lamar until after the draft.

If they target him and fail, it reveals they’re definitely in the QB market and may seek to draft a QB. Signaling to teams to be aggressive around their pick.

Plus it obviously ties up the cap and thus would hinder team building because of the 5 day matching window.

So really, it would make no sense to bid on Lamar until after the draft, but before June 1, so that teams can prepare for that second free agency window. They can know that if Lamar is in the fold how aggressive they can look to be during that window as well.

3 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

The Ravens need to use the draft as leverage. Tell Lamar that whatever offer they have on the table, it won't necessarily be there after the draft. 

The Ravens need to be open to drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds if Lamar is not willing to sign long term. 

All aboard the Hendon Hooker train in the 2nd round

7 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

After watching a bit of tape I don't think he's worth a pick before the 3rd round. But I'm seeing Hooker mocked in the 2nd. 

Good thing we don't have a 2nd round pick.

Honestly, I think it's interesting we didn't place a second round tender on Huntley (for only 1.7M more than dangling him out there for whatever match). That to me is a sign that a rookie mid-rounder is a real possibility. 

• Like 1