NYRaider 2023 NFL Mock Draft V2.0

NYRaider

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They took him in the third round so it's not really a huge investment on their part. And I don't think that he'd stop them from taking a QB if they fell in love with a prospect / viewed someone as a potential franchise guy. They were reluctant to start him over Mariota (who was terrible) until he got hurt and he didn't really do that much even when he played.

I'm just not all that high on the QB's in this class really.

33 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I wouldn't imagine Atlanta going QB with the QB's in this draft just one year after taking Ridder last year.  If Stroud somehow fell to 8, maybe, but even then, how much of an upgrade is it?

Stroud would be an upgrade. Only real guy who would be.

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They took him in the third round so it's not really a huge investment on their part. And I don't think that he'd stop them from taking a QB if they fell in love with a prospect / viewed someone as a potential franchise guy. They were reluctant to start him over Mariota (who was terrible) until he got hurt and he didn't really do that much even when he played.

Not a huge investment, but they would have to fall in love with the guy. They wanted Ridder to have the scheme down before they started him. Ridder also improved every game and built a rapport with London. They will likely end up starting him again this year by default and then by choice buy in because of his performance in 2023. I'm expecting Ridder to have a good season this year. Similar to Ryan's 3rd year in the league.

Just now, scar988 said:

Not a huge investment, but they would have to fall in love with the guy. They wanted Ridder to have the scheme down before they started him. Ridder also improved every game and built a rapport with London. They will likely end up starting him again this year by default and then by choice buy in because of his performance in 2023. I'm expecting Ridder to have a good season this year. Similar to Ryan's 3rd year in the league.

I think it'd be pretty risky for Arthur Smith to go into the season with Ridder as his QB1.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think it'd be pretty risky for Arthur Smith to go into the season with Ridder as his QB1.

Arthur Blank is a lot smarter of an owner and gives his coach and GM more time than just 3 years to get things right. Gave Mike Smith a 5 year contract initially. Gave the same to Quinn. Gave the same to Jim Mora and Bobby Petrino, but they were only fired/quit early because of problems related to Vick. Smith can take some risk. And Ridder has shown that he's worth investing the time into. They will sign some competition for him but they won't draft a guy. Not this year at 8, anyway.

Edited by scar988

6 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Arthur Blank is a lot smarter of an owner and gives his coach and GM more time than just 3 years to get things right. Gave Mike Smith a 5 year contract initially. Gave the same to Quinn. Gave the same to Jim Mora and Bobby Petrino, but they were only fired/quit early because of problems related to Vick. Smith can take some risk. And Ridder has shown that he's worth investing the time into. They will sign some competition for him but they won't draft a guy. Not this year at 8, anyway.

You guys were in desperate pursuit of Watson last offseason so I don't think he's as patient as you make it seem. If Smith doesn't show some progress I don't think his job is safe going forward.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

You guys were in desperate pursuit of Watson last offseason so I don't think he's as patient as you make it seem. If Smith doesn't show some progress I don't think his job is safe going forward.

His job is safe after 2023 regardless. 2024 is when the seat gets hot. But if he can almost make the playoffs this year with this roster, he should be able to get hte Falcons to the playoffs next year. I think Ridder could end up being the guy that everyone kicks themselves over too. Much like Dak.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

24. Jacksonville: Antonio Johnson | S | Texas A&M

I like the pick especially if he can be an NFL nickel guy.  At worse we have him replace Jenkins. 

Wouldn't be surprised with mayer(our top 3 yes are all free agents) along with Tuli(our DL group needs a pass rusher badly) or Foskey(our pass rush was good at pressures but not finishing. Need to fix that and Allen is a FA next year. He would so allow us to experiment with Walker inside in nickel defense. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

If the Bills fix their OL in free agency and there isn't a top WR prospect left, I can get on board with Robinson.

I think Robinson would be huge for your offense, you need to be able to run with consistency and take some of the pressure off of Allen. Robinson/Cook would be a hell of a duo going forward.

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

14. New England: Quentin Johnston | WR | TCU

It always makes me laugh. Everyone has the Pats with a BIG WR ???? Why. This is not the 70's its speed in today game. Let me guess he's great on 50/50 balls or he's Red zone terror.

Let me help everyone out. 50/50 mean he's slow as crap and get no separation. its the NFL not college he runs  4.4. that's LB speed!!!! 14th and I get a new team.

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Christian Gonzalez | CB | Oregon

The next DROY. You take elite when you can get it.

• Like 1

Just now, m haynes said:

It always makes me laugh. Everyone has the Pats with a BIG WR ???? Why. This is not the 70's its speed in today game. Let me guess he's great on 50/50 balls or he's Red zone terror.

Let me help everyone out. 50/50 mean he's slow as crap and get no separation. its the NFL not college he runs  4.4. that's LB speed!!!! 14th and I get a new team.

I'm assuming you haven't watched him play, he's a freak athlete and excels with the ball in his hands. He reminds me of a more versatile Mike Williams.

Cooper Kupp, Davante Adams, Keenan Allen, Stefon Diggs, DeAndre Hopkins, etc. What do they all have in common? None of them had great 40 times.

12 hours ago, scar988 said:

His job is safe after 2023 regardless. 2024 is when the seat gets hot. But if he can almost make the playoffs this year with this roster, he should be able to get hte Falcons to the playoffs next year. I think Ridder could end up being the guy that everyone kicks themselves over too. Much like Dak.

I think it really just depends on how you guys play next year. If you have another disappointing season I think you have to prioritize finding a young franchise QB and you might want to pair him with a new coach.