2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

Why are they bashing him?

Because he cited Trey Wingo as a source on the Aaron Rodgers stuff? Cause that seems like a pretty solid source usually to me lol.

Or because "he just reports other people's stuff" in general? Because I googled this Gio dude and I can't seem to find anything about his journalistic credentials. Seems he's just a random radio personality which is kinda ironic lol. 

Is there more to the story I'm missing here cause these dudes come off really bad imo without any more context

48 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

People willingly watch/listen to that show? I couldn't last a minute.

Boomer Esiason dramatically puts on glasses to stare at a monitor, pulls the radio microphone closer to say: "Well here's the thing on Reddit I'm reading, so...."

There's has never been higher quality content in the history of humanity

Edited by wackywabbit

39 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Why are they bashing him?

Because he cited Trey Wingo as a source on the Aaron Rodgers stuff? Cause that seems like a pretty solid source usually to me lol.

Or because "he just reports other people's stuff" in general? Because I googled this Gio dude and I can't seem to find anything about his journalistic credentials. Seems he's just a random radio personality which is kinda ironic lol. 

Is there more to the story I'm missing here cause these dudes come off really bad imo without any more context

The idea is he doesn't contribute anything. The problem isn't him citing Trey Wingo, that's just the particular news bit that got notice right now. But the idea is, you have your actual newsbreaking guys like Schefter. You have tons of guys (I would say including those in the video) who aren't really reporting news, but reacting to it, giving opinions and takes and analysis and such (honestly, most of us could even fall in that category for posting at a place like this.) Dov does....neither. He doesn't break news, he doesn't react to or analyze it, he just spits back out everything that the original newsbreaking guys say. It's like if someone just Tweeted the titles of every thread in the NFL News forum and got 150k followers for it. It's not offensive, he cites his sources so it's not even plagiarism, it's just...pointless?

Personally? I don't really care. I followed him awhile back before I noticed a handful of inaccurate rumors he tweeted, and unfollowed as a result. But him getting a following for tweeting already reported news doesn't really hurt me. No real reason for me to notice it, even. But I can see why someone in the industry might be annoyed by it. Someone garnering a following without contributing anything original.

• Like 1