2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

The 5 biggest QB trades of last year(Watson, Russell, Ryan, Wentz, Baker) were all complete disasters in 2022. 3 of those guys aren’t on those rosters right now, Watson/Russell weren’t traded but you can’t tell me they aren’t people in those organizations who would not do the same trade again if they had a do over. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Watson/Russell weren’t traded but you can’t tell me they aren’t people in those organizations who would not do the same trade again if they had a do over. 

What would the alternative have been for Cleveland’s front office and coaching? Pray to God a rookie figures everything out quickly?

As fans we have the luxury of being patient and waiting. Coaches and GMs do not.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

What would the alternative have been for Cleveland’s front office and coaching? Pray to God a rookie figures everything out quickly?

As fans we have the luxury of being patient and waiting. Coaches and GMs do not.

I personally would have stuck it out with Baker…but that would’ve been a mistake in retrospect too. Watson…looks bad right now, but the jury is definitely still out. I would think he returns to top 10ish form, but guess we’ll wait and see. 

The biggest impediment to this is probably the Purdy injury. Lance costs 2 million more to trade than to keep which isn't an end all be all situation, but it is a slight negative with regards to trading him. They would have to do this fairly soon / before the draft, and that's probably going to be too early in the recovery process for Purdy to really know how things are going and he's already cutting it really close in terms of being back by week 1. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

The biggest impediment to this is probably the Purdy injury. Lance costs 2 million more to trade than to keep which isn't an end all be all situation, but it is a slight negative with regards to trading him. They would have to do this fairly soon / before the draft, and that's probably going to be too early in the recovery process for Purdy to really know how things are going and he's already cutting it really close in terms of being back by week 1. 

Didn't Lynch also say that Purdy is expected to be the starter? They have to talk Lance up regardless though, they can't kill his trade value.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Didn't Lynch also say that Purdy is expected to be the starter? They have to talk Lance up regardless though, they can't kill his trade value.

Purdy is the starter, yes. If Purdy was healthy, I think Lance would have already been gone. I don't think it's likely to be feasible with purdy hurt and this early in the recovery process. 

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Purdy is the starter, yes. If Purdy was healthy, I think Lance would have already been gone. I don't think it's likely to be feasible with purdy hurt and this early in the recovery process. 

I think they actually really do like Darnold and would be fine with him playing if needed.. Lynch was talking him up a bit in the presser (of course, they just signed him) but a lot of what he said was absolutely true. Darnold looked pretty Darn good with almost no talent around him late last year in Carolina, and looked even better early on the year before with CMC & Co. 

Just now, adamq said:

I think they actually really do like Darnold and would be fine with him playing if needed.. Lynch was talking him up a bit in the presser (of course, they just signed him) but a lot of what he said was absolutely true. Darnold looked pretty Darn good with almost no talent around him late last year in Carolina, and looked even better early on the year before with CMC & Co. 

Oh, I have no doubt that they like Darnold. 

But trade Lance and he's quite literally the only QB that we have lol. I think this becomes more feasible if we sign more QBs in the coming weeks before the draft. We sign someone like Teddy B between now and the draft, I'd keep an eye on a possible trade. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh, I have no doubt that they like Darnold. 

But trade Lance and he's quite literally the only QB that we have lol. I think this becomes more feasible if we sign more QBs in the coming weeks before the draft. We sign someone like Teddy B between now and the draft, I'd keep an eye on a possible trade. 

Absolutely don’t trade Trey Lance unless you think he’s worthless and other teams don’t. When Purdy went down in the playoffs, the 9ers couldn’t do a single thing. Having Lance waiting in the wings as a top 25 backup qb has value. 

• Like 1