2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

5 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

To get back on track a little bit...

Does anyone else think those NFLPA report cards from a few weeks ago impacted any FAs decision these past few days, and/or will impact the decisions going forward? I saw Bobby Okereke retweet the Giants report cards immediately after he signed in NY, highlighting the high grades for the training staff and Daboll specifi which I thought was interesting.

I definitely think that they can play a role for some. I still think the primary motivator is money for most, but there are times where you need tie breakers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

This is about OBJ. LPG is friends with him; they just hung out yesterday I think. Says OBJ is down to 2 teams- one is the Cowboys, the other is a team that is not the Giants.

That’s a very poorly worded tweet lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I definitely think that they can play a role for some. I still think the primary motivator is money for most, but there are times where you need tie breakers

One factor right now is the escrow $.     These are antiquated rules, but the ability to put liquid cash in escrow is probably why DEN could go out and get a ton of FA's (although I'd have rather had McGarry and let another team give SF the comp pick for McGlinchey lol).    Like you said, money comes first, those ratings are likely more of a tiebreaker.   

I will say it's also based on last spring - which kinda needs context.    While DEN has a ton of issues for the roster/team, ownership $ now puts them so high up, and facilities/resources/how families are treated is likely changing already.    At the same time, I'm sure WAS's outlook next year with a new owner (hopefully) could make them far more attractive.   It's kinda curious NFLPA waited so long to release LAST March's results.

Did the NFLPA outting the Bengals ownership for getting involved in the Ohio Workers comp legislation kill their free agency?

This is what the NFLPA distributed through email

Here's a thread of the NFLPA answering to common questions/statements they've seen in the reaction to the Sunday tweet. Tweeted yesterday.

An article from sunday

https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/nflpa-pushing-back-against-bengals-owners-alleged-attempt-to-end-workers-comp-for-ohio-pro-athletes

Edited by typecast

54 minutes ago, typecast said:

Did the NFLPA outting the Bengals ownership for getting involved in the Ohio Workers comp legislation kill their free agency?

Here's a thread of the NFLPA answering to common questions/statements they've seen in the reaction to the Sunday tweet. Tweeted yesterday.

An article from sunday

https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/nflpa-pushing-back-against-bengals-owners-alleged-attempt-to-end-workers-comp-for-ohio-pro-athletes

Honestly, no

I think Mike Brown just knows he’s going to need to build up his war chest for Burrow + Higgins + Chase

• Like 3

1 hour ago, typecast said:

An article from sunday

Without knowing the full details, this seems out of bounds for the NFLPA. 

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

How? They are a workers union. This is exactly what they are supposed to do. 

Publicizing it to try to put stress on the team seems poor form. Obviously they can do it, but I could see it worsening the relationship between the NFL and the union. Now do they care? 🤷