What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

Do people honestly believe the Packers, one of the most reputable organizations, are going to let this saga overshadow and distract from their present team.. all the way up till September 1st? Not to mention the petty narrative that will ensure by holding one of the greatest players in franchise history hostage over trade value. That's the leverage you're banking on?

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks Rodgers is worth (I'm sure what they're asking for is relatively fair) - value is determined by what others are willing to pay and the reality is there are no other suitors.

The Packers decided to move on, if the Jets offer is the best (and only) on the table... then own it. Forcing the Jets to outbid themselves, by holding Rodgers hostage is incredibly petty, especially for an organization as great as the Packers. 

What if the Jets are offering a 7th rounder as compensation? Would the Packers still be petty over not accepting that deal? I fully support the Packers getting what they think an asset such as Rodgers is worth. They don’t need to trade him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

Do people honestly believe the Packers, one of the most reputable organizations, are going to let this saga overshadow and distract from their present team.. all the way up till September 1st? Not to mention the petty narrative that will ensure by holding one of the greatest players in franchise history hostage over trade value. That's the leverage you're banking on?

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks Rodgers is worth (I'm sure what they're asking for is relatively fair) - value is determined by what others are willing to pay and the reality is there are no other suitors.

The Packers decided to move on, if the Jets offer is the best (and only) on the table... then own it. Forcing the Jets to outbid themselves, by holding Rodgers hostage is incredibly petty, especially for an organization as great as the Packers. 

Couldn't have said it better myself

54 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

What if the Jets are offering a 7th rounder as compensation? Would the Packers still be petty over not accepting that deal? I fully support the Packers getting what they think an asset such as Rodgers is worth. They don’t need to trade him

What’s the alternative?

$ talks in the NFL.   I think the "reputational value" of a franchise in a situation like this is overblown.   Players know it's a business and the agents definitely do.     If the $ is right, future free agents aren't going to not sign with a franchise because they held out for more value in a trade with one of their top assets

Gute and Ball and Murphy are stewards of the Green Bay Packers and not Aaron Rodgers

2 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Do people honestly believe the Packers, one of the most reputable organizations, are going to let this saga overshadow and distract from their present team.. all the way up till September 1st

Nope, they won't let that happen. Whether he's on the roster or not at that point it won't overshadow the team.

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

lol

The Texans did it with Watson. It’s not outside the realm of possibilities. And it’s the correct play of the Jets expect Rodgers to be given to them. All it takes is one injury to change the level of competition significantly. There’s no urgency to move him today 

• Like 1