What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We thought we'd get MULTIPLE FRPs for Aaron Rodgers last offseason.  And I stand by that opinion.  If the Packers would have traded Rodgers last offseason, that Broncos' package would have headed to Green Bay, not Seattle.

And I think you're grossly undervaluing how much QBs are valued around the league.  Plus, New York is in a really awkward spot now that Carr signed with New Orleans.  They have as much leverage as Green Bay does.

This thread before last week was multiple Packer fans expecting multiple firsts and acting childish to anyone thinking otherwise. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This thread before last week was multiple Packer fans expecting multiple firsts and acting childish to anyone thinking otherwise. 

I still think they could manage 2 firsts given the lack of options for some teams. 

I'd probably set it at a 1st and either a 2nd or 2 3rds myself right now though, all things considered. 

I can say with some comfortable certainty that it won't be anything close to a mega deal though. 

17 minutes ago, General Tso said:

I was going to say it, but you said it for me

You’re missing the point

Rodgers wants his new team to give up valuable resources to his old team, resources that they could otherwise use to help make the team around him better

If you disagree with this, you don’t know him as well as I do on a personal level 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Multiple firsts as in a guaranteed first this year and a conditional future pick that could reach 1st round status? I think that's what the majority of us feel like. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

No.  But the Packers needed to create cap space to make any other moves, and Adams had the leverage to say nah and force the Packers' hands.  The Packers did as well as they could have regarding Adams.

I'm sure there's some truth there, but they could have made other tough decisions. Nobody can't fit a player. 

1 hour ago, 68md said:

Do I think it's fair? No but thats a lot of luggage to take over in terms of the contract, he's 39 years old not 29. We all need to kind of temper our expectations is all I am saying.

The team acquiring Rodgers is getting him for cap hits of $15.8M in 2023, and $32.5M in 2024.  Those are both bargains.  Just for context, those cap hits would be 15th (right behind Kyler Murray) and 9th (behind Russell Wilson).  Those are bargian contracts.

4 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I'm sure there's some truth there, but they could have made other tough decisions. Nobody can't fit a player. 

They can't when they restructured everyone in order to franchise tag Davante Adams.  There was no way the Packers could have kept Adams under the franchise tag.

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Multiple firsts as in a guaranteed first this year and a conditional future pick that could reach 1st round status? I think that's what the majority of us feel like. 

And even then, I think majority would say that's what they'd like to get.  Not that they expect to get that.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They can't when they restructured everyone in order to franchise tag Davante Adams.  There was no way the Packers could have kept Adams under the franchise tag.

I agree with the general intent of what you're saying, the plausibility of it, but we'll agree to disagree on whether they could have made it happen at least for that year and then an extension.

57 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You can keep saying that, but it doesn't make it true.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Sam Darnold got traded for a SRP, Carson Wentz got traded for a SRP, and Matt Ryan got traded for a 3rd round pick, yet you think a SRP and some change is fair value for Rodgers?

Now compare the cap charges / dead cap ramifications for the new team

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Packer fans tend to overvalue their own players.  Like most fans do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Now compare the cap charges / dead cap ramifications for the new team

Sam Darnold was 920k for his first year in Carolina and $18.9M in his second year.  Carson Wentz was $28.9M in his only year in Washington.  And Matt Ryan was $18.7M in his only year in Indianapolis.  You're making the argument for me.  I appreciate it.