What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

I think it was Peter King who said you just reuse the Favre trade from 15 years ago, so a 2nd and a conditional 4th the following year seems to be the best guest.

Yeah that’s what I would reckon. He’s 39. Brady’s career has ruined realistic expectations of these players.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We'll be sending something more valuable than picks to an NFL owner, some of our own cash to eat up a chunk of Rodgers bonus. 

The problem is the Packers clearly want to be out of the Aaron Rodgers business, and they are going to have to pay him that money one way or another, and we all know w/ a $99M dead cap hit, cutting him is not an option, so there being only 1 suitor means the Packers have to take what the Jets will give them and like it, or be stuck paying Rodgers to be most expensive backup in the league, possibly to sit at home.

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We'll be sending something more valuable than picks to an NFL owner, some of our own cash to eat up a chunk of Rodgers bonus. 

This may just be a cost of business requirement, tbh. Really depends on what demand there is across the league. It doesn't seem like much (though its possible that the Packers haven't completely opened that up to everyone)  at the current in time. 

9 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The problem is the Packers clearly want to be out of the Aaron Rodgers business, and they are going to have to pay him that money one way or another, and we all know w/ a $99M dead cap hit, cutting him is not an option, so there being only 1 suitor means the Packers have to take what the Jets will give them and like it, or be stuck paying Rodgers to be most expensive backup in the league, possibly to sit at home.

I think Aaron is at peace with retiring, and I think both parties would rather go that route than him being traded for middling compensation. Aaron doesn't take the hit to his ego, he gets to brag about spending his whole time in one city like Starr who he idolizes and something that Montana and Brady didn't. The Packers brass don't become the guy who traded Rodgers and don't have to worry about the pressure of "what if Aaron Rodgers plays fantastic and Jordan isn't good?"

Everyone acts like GB is the one tip toeing the line here and the Jets have all this leverage. The Jets publicly came out and announced to the world they needed to upgrade at QB. They let Carr go,Jimmy G is almost surely going to LV to unite with McDaniels. Who's left for them? Jameis Winton? Wentz? Dalton? The Jets absolutely have to land Rodgers or the egg on their face could cost Saleh and Douglas their job.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think Aaron is at peace with retiring, and I think both parties would rather go that route than him being traded for middling compensation. Aaron doesn't take the hit to his ego, he gets to brag about spending his whole time in one city like Starr who he idolizes and something that Montana and Brady didn't. The Packers brass don't become the guy who traded Rodgers and don't have to worry about the pressure of "what if Aaron Rodgers plays fantastic and Jordan isn't good?"

Everyone acts like GB is the one tip toeing the line here and the Jets have all this leverage. The Jets publicly came out and announced to the world they needed to upgrade at QB. They let Carr go,Jimmy G is almost surely going to LV to unite with McDaniels. Who's left for them? Jameis Winton? Wentz? Dalton? The Jets absolutely have to land Rodgers or the egg on their face could cost Saleh and Douglas their job.

Seems like that is what you are hoping vs reality of what will happen. The Packers are not going to ask for a lot. Probably be something like a 2nd round pick and a 2024 conditional pick.  I doubt a 1st rounder is in play and I seriously doubt the 13th overall is in play. 

I seriously doubt any player cares about their future of what the team they are leaving gets for them. I doubt that is a condition for him. "hey Jets, only way I don't retire is if you give the Packers 3 1st round picks"

Edited by NYJets4716