What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Which is all an entirely reasonable take.  I'm just addressing this mythical world where the Packers are going to get a first+.  This is why I said the likely return will be a 2nd and a conditional pick, in line with the Favre trade 15 years ago.

Why is that your frame of reference and not more recent QB trades?

1 minute ago, PackFan13 said:

We have a group think in our forum of guys like this. They think 300k posts combined make them right. A year removed from back to back MVPs, playing with a broken thumb and no weapons (aside from Watson who is going to be a stud and came on late) wasn't the factor, it was things like not spending time with the rookie WR's half his age or coming to camp earlier would have somehow turned chicken **** into chicken salad. 

I'm glad one of you is rational here.

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

Our staff is more familiar with Rodgers at this point. Rodgers worked with Hackett. 

Rodgers is clearly better, but he's also 39. That can't be overstated.

I completely agree. We are lucky if he takes a deal to go to the Jets to salvage the horrific situation our GM put us in. I think it legitimately gives you a superbowl shot as well but I do not think we hold a ton of leverage. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jetjuice said:
5 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

We have a group think in our forum of guys like this. They think 300k posts combined make them right. A year removed from back to back MVPs, playing with a broken thumb and no weapons (aside from Watson who is going to be a stud and came on late) wasn't the factor, it was things like not spending time with the rookie WR's half his age or coming to camp earlier would have somehow turned chicken **** into chicken salad. 

Expand  

I'm glad one of you is rational here.

Birds of the feather 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Imagine not liking a GM that has done a poor job on all fronts. We are literally hoping to trade Rodgers just to get value back because he's due huge amounts of money regardless if he retires or we go pay him to play for the jets. If he wants to come back the packers he easily beats out Love who was drafted 3 years too soon.  He's inept and his track record shows as much. If Love isn't an all pro he's an all time bad packers GM for slamming our window shut. 

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Jimmy G has ties to LV and Hou.

He has ties to Robert Saleh (San Francisco) as well. Houston and LV might seem like the better situations in respect to money, but success? That’s the Jets - by a lot.

Opportunity is the same across all three for 2023, but in LV and Houston, he’s most likely a transition QB for CJ Stroud, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson or Will Levis. In NY, he’s the guy until further notice.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The Jets aren't willing to pay a 60m bonus to Rodgers, imagine the Lamar signing bonus + fully guaranteed deal? I don't think they're realistic suitors there.

The difference here is that Lamar is 13 years younger - that’s nearly an entire career. Nobody knows if Rodgers is playing in 2024 or 2025, and -unless you’re assuming some catastrophic injury to Lamar Jackson - you’re pretty certain that Jackson is playing well into the 2030s.

If they’re trying to build a sustained winner - not just a potential year to year “will he/won’t he retire” following every season - Lamar is worth the extra (see my earlier post on how NY is never hurting for money - they’re one of maybe six teams that could put that sort guaranteed money in escrow for Lamar).

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is the best option for the Jets and they know it, that's why they filled a private jet up with fuel and flew across the country. 

No, they did it because nobody can talk to the rest of FAs/non-exclusive Franchise Tags yet, and talking to anyone not named Aaron Rodgers would be considered tampering. 

(Also - While filling up the private jet and flying halfway across the country sounds impressive to us normal people like us, it’s the equivalent of me driving to an H‑E‑B for a rotisserie chicken and bagged salad for a billionaire like Woody Johnson. It’s not impressive, it’s how people of that net worth get around).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

He has ties to Robert Saleh (San Francisco) as well. Houston and LV might seem like the better situations in respect to money, but success? That’s the Jets - by a lot.

Opportunity is the same across all three for 2023, but in LV and Houston, he’s most likely a transition QB for CJ Stroud, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson or Will Levis. In NY, he’s the guy until further notice.

The difference here is that Lamar is 13 years younger - that’s nearly an entire career. Nobody knows if Rodgers is playing in 2024 or 2025, and -unless you’re assuming some catastrophic injury to Lamar Jackson - you’re pretty certain that Jackson is playing well into the 2030s.

If they’re trying to build a sustained winner - not just a potential year to year “will he/won’t he retire” following every season - Lamar is worth the extra (see my earlier post on how NY is never hurting for money - they’re one of maybe six teams that could put that sort guaranteed money in escrow for Lamar).

No, they did it because nobody can talk to the rest of FAs/non-exclusive Franchise Tags yet, and talking to anyone not named Aaron Rodgers would be considered tampering. 

(Also - While filling up the private jet and flying halfway across the country sounds impressive to us normal people like us, it’s the equivalent of me driving to an H‑E‑B for a rotisserie chicken and bagged salad for a billionaire like Woody Johnson. It’s not impressive, it’s how people of that net worth get around).

Why didn't they fly out to visit Carr?

18 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

I was strictly talking about the two players ability, obviously

My original point was that the Jets are looking to improve on a pretty low bar in Mike White - realistically, they get over that bar with Jimmy G, all while sippin on those sweet draft picks.

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Love will lead a better offense in '23 than Rodgers in '22. Your evaluation of Bakhtiari as "mid to lower tier" indicates the level of understanding you have of the talent on GB outside of Rodgers.

No, Bakh is elite when healthy. He just hasn't been healthy in a LONG time. He's on the wrong end of 30 and played a whole 24 games since 2020 (some of which were on a limited snap count) during that 3 year span.

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's going to be fun seeing everyone realize how much of the problem Aaron was in GB :)

With respect, you're entitled to your opinion. I promise I won't be obnoxious...or at least too obnoxious, when you realize how spoiled you've been for the past 30+ years with QB play. It's not your fault that you're out of touch here, it's a byproduct of what you've been able to take for granted.

• Like 3

Just now, incognito_man said:

Why didn't they fly out to visit Carr?

Because Carr flew to them? Hell if I know. Rodgers isn’t traveling to meet with anyone, which is more an indication of Aaron Rodgers the person than it is the situation.