What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

No, Bakh is elite when healthy. He just hasn't been healthy in a LONG time. He's on the wrong end of 30 and played a whole 24 games since 2020 (some of which were on a limited snap count) during that 3 year span.

With respect, you're entitled to your opinion. I promise I won't be obnoxious...or at least too obnoxious, when you realize how spoiled you've been for the past 30+ years with QB play. It's not your fault that you're out of touch here, it's a byproduct of what you've been able to take for granted.

It's been great have back to back HOF QBs. Love is wayyyyyyy better than anyone here thinks. I'm going to enjoy it :)

Bakh was elite the 2nd half last year. He's healthy again now. 

Edited by incognito_man

12 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Why is that your frame of reference and not more recent QB trades?

Bc that is the trade that most closely resembles this one.  The other recent QB trades you are hoping for as a reference involve much younger players who have not talked retirement.  Rodgers is 39, coming off of a (for him) bad season.  Make no mistake about it, there is significant risk involved here for the Jets.  We'll all look at Tom Brady and think that is going to be the new norm.  It's not.  Drew Brees took a significant drop-off at age 40.  Brett Favre had one last good year at age 40.  Peyton Manning declined greatly at age 39.  There is an absolute possibility that Rodgers of last year is the Rodgers that the Jets get.  That's far different than trading an elite QB in his prime and the return you get.

3 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Bc that is the trade that most closely resembles this one.  The other recent QB trades you are hoping for as a reference involve much younger players who have not talked retirement.  Rodgers is 39, coming off of a (for him) bad season.  Make no mistake about it, there is significant risk involved here for the Jets.  We'll all look at Tom Brady and think that is going to be the new norm.  It's not.  Drew Brees took a significant drop-off at age 40.  Brett Favre had one last good year at age 40.  Peyton Manning declined greatly at age 39.  There is an absolute possibility that Rodgers of last year is the Rodgers that the Jets get.  That's far different than trading an elite QB in his prime and the return you get.

Absolutely there's risk. I wouldn't trade as much as it's going to end up costing for him from a purely football perspective. 

Aaron Rodgers is going to make Woody Johnson money. He is going to be willing to trade draft picks for that cash flow. And it will be commensurate with how many years woody thinks he'll get from Rodgers. Likely with conditions on them to mitigate his risk.

Edited by incognito_man

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:
4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Because Carr flew to them? Hell if I know. Rodgers isn’t traveling to meet with anyone, which is more an indication of Aaron Rodgers the person than it is the situation.

It's an indication of their interest, ET. Don't be obtuse.

I’m not - I know Carr flew out to visit a LOT of teams. That was part of his road show. 

I’m not arguing the Jets aren’t interested - I’m arguing their interest has a limit, and if the picks/compensation doesn’t line up, they’ll start talking to other people when they’re allowed to talk to other people.

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Just one year ago Rodgers trade value was multiple firsts and even more. Somehow one year with a 'bad' year with a thumb injury, rookie receivers, and instability on the o line dropped his value to a 3rd round pick or something. The market has evolved quite a bit since 2009.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I’m not - I know Carr flew out to visit a LOT of teams. That was part of his road show. 

I’m not arguing the Jets aren’t interested - I’m arguing their interest has a limit, and if the picks/compensation doesn’t line up, they’ll start talking to other people when they’re allowed to talk to other people.

They can already talk to Lamar. But they haven't flown out to him either.

So that's 1/3 QBs they could have traveled to.

1 minute ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Just one year ago Rodgers trade value was multiple firsts and even more. Somehow one year with a 'bad' year with a thumb injury, rookie receivers, and instability on the o line dropped his value to a 3rd round pick or something. The market has evolved quite a bit since 2009.

Just one year ago, I could pay $3 for a carton of Eggs. Now? I'm paying almost $8. Time changes a lot of things when it comes to inflation, deflation, appreciation and depreciation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's been great have back to back HOF QBs.

I'm undoubtedly sure it is. It's akin to the 80s through 90s 49ers albeit not quite as good IMO.

Love is wayyyyyyy better than anyone here thinks. I'm going to enjoy it :)

Perhaps. I'm the wrong guy to ask. I absolutely HATED him as a prospect coming out. Inaccurate, raw, turnover prone. He had a great sophomore year and then major regression as a junior. The one game that I saw him play in 2021 was...uninspiring to say the least against KC. 

Bakh was elite the 2nd half last year. He's healthy again now. 

@Blue is the biggest Bakh fan that I know. Is this true? 

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

They can already talk to Lamar.

Incorrect.

Legal tampering starts Monday, 3/13. Non-exclusive tagged guys can only negotiate during this window:

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/lamar-jacksons-landing-spots-which-teams-could-sign-the-qb

But with the Baltimore Ravens placing the non-exclusive franchise tag on their quarterback Tuesday, Jackson can begin negotiations with all 32 NFL teams on March 13 when the tampering period opens.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Incorrect.

Legal tampering starts Monday, 3/13. Non-exclusive tagged guys can only negotiate during this window:

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/lamar-jacksons-landing-spots-which-teams-could-sign-the-qb

But with the Baltimore Ravens placing the non-exclusive franchise tag on their quarterback Tuesday, Jackson can begin negotiations with all 32 NFL teams on March 13 when the tampering period opens.

I stand corrected. 

BUT! I bet they don't fly to him when they can, either :)

Just now, incognito_man said:

I stand corrected. 

BUT! I bet they don't fly to him when they can, either :)

NJ to Baltimore is more apt for a helicopter ride, anyways. 😅

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Just one year ago, I could pay $3 for a carton of Eggs. Now? I'm paying almost $8. Time changes a lot of things when it comes to inflation, deflation, appreciation and depreciation. 

Exactly, there is like 15 years that have passed since the Favre trade.