What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

2 hours ago, Forge said:

The Jets did restructure a few guys...making room for Rodgers, amiright? 

We needed to restructure contracts regardless of the veteran QB. Doesnt mean we are not setting up to get him. Just dont think it confirms Rodgers specifically.

We are trying to get Rodgers. But getting Jimmy G would have still required us to restructure. We probably will restructure a couple more players.

Edited by SDotNova

47 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Rodgers would likely want to meet this mysterious team. Unless we read that Rodgers actually met with another team, it’s likely just a reporter trying to get clicks.

I agree. I think Rodgers got a bit blindsided by how little interest in his services there was.

• Like 2

The more I think about the situation the more I interpret it as Green Bay is the guy with the new girl that he legitimately likes more and just wants to be left alone so he can focus on her. I think our FO wasn't all that motivated to extract maximum trade value - I think their primary goal is just to get Aaron off the team peacefully. 

So, while that doesn't mean they hold all the leverage - they're getting what they ultimately want: Jordan Love starting - their relative apathy about the trade return is going to mute it. 

I'd guess the 2023 2nd and a conditional pick either in 2024 or 2025 that could become a first. And maybe a young player who wasn't a good fit in NY for one reason or another. A potential roster bubble type. 

Edited by incognito_man

^ the guy above literally creates fanfic hate scenarios in his head about Rodgers. Just read his posts if you need a good laugh. He also thinks we are going to win the Superbowl next year after seeing Love throw to defenseless receivers in the offseason. 

The reality is we are lucky if Rodgers will go to the jets to get some draft capital. It's either that or Love loses a camp battle, which we clearly need to avoid or we just give him some huge checks to smoke DMT in retirement for a few years. Great use of cap.