What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

47 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

It HAS to be today right? RIGHT?! What ya'll got for trade compensation? I'm betting the 2023 pick is no better than a 2nd or 3rd and the 2024 pick at a conditional 1st depending on if Aaron Rodgers commits to playing in 2024

2nd or 3rd this year and next. I don't see a 1st being involved 

Peak dbag Rodgers making everyone wait this long. He's outdone himself again

• Like 1

Regardless of what happens, I think thsi debacle has 100% vindicated people who have been hypercritical of Rodgers as being selfish, disingenuous and wanting to make everything all about him. 

For the record, as a GB fan I absolutely did not want him gone in either 2020 or 2021. In 2022 I was a little indifferent but that was based on getting ready for the future rather than anything go do with Rodgers himself (I felt the same about Rodgers/Favre in 2007 and 08) and the potential for insane value on top of the picks for Davante Adams. This year, I've been very much in the "trade him" camp, though again - at least earlier in the offseason - this was due to prepping for the next 10-15 years as much as anything. 

Throughout the offseason though (and last offseason if we're honest), Rodgers has really shown himself up, and I did not for one second believe he would come out of the darkness retreat with any kind of an answer. I'm also a little curious if thsi has thrown up any red flags in NY - no doubt they'd still kill to have him for a year or two, but they've been given quite a little taste of the downsides to him before he's even gone across. 

At this point I've given from "trade him" to also "sit him if he refuses, and let him retire if he wants". I think long term messaging towards the team (present and future) is at this point quite crucial; it needs to be smde clear that this type of behaviour does not fly even if you are one of the best and quite possibly the most talented QB in the history of the league. 

• Like 3

If the Jets simply say “not interested anymore,” I’m curious on where Rodgers does. I almost want to see the Jets go this route just to put Rodgers on notice.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

If the Jets simply say “not interested anymore,” I’m curious on where Rodgers does. I almost want to see the Jets go this route just to put Rodgers on notice.

I hope they sign Jimmy G lol

I tend to ignore the noise around him given he plays things close to the vest.  That said, he directly said he doesn't want to hold teams hostage so once 12:01 hits that's what he's doing.  He's only hurting himself wherever he plays by giving that team the best chance to surround him with talent.  I don't think he's stupid so I guess we are about 30 min away from this being over.  I hope the Jets move on if he doesn't decide by noon.

I'd pivot MIke White rather than drag this out with him.  Can't get behind a guy that would drag this out into FA thus hurting his team from being successful.  Don't care how talented he is.  I want Rodgers not gonna lie but the clock is ticking.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

I tend to ignore the noise around him given he plays things close to the vest.  That said, he directly said he doesn't want to hold teams hostage so once 12:01 hits that's what he's doing.  He's only hurting himself wherever he plays by giving that team the best chance to surround him with talent.  I don't think he's stupid so I guess we are about 30 min away from this being over.  I hope the Jets move on if he doesn't decide by noon.

I'd pivot MIke White rather than drag this out with him.  Can't get behind a guy that would drag this out into FA thus hurting his team from being successful.  Don't care how talented he is.  I want Rodgers not gonna lie but the clock is ticking.

07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpe

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Seriously. Don't give Rodgers this attention and wanting that he desperately needs.

Pivot to Lamar! Tell Aaron to suck it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpe

First and last.  13 min to go.  Won't even be a thought in my mind once noon hits.  At 12:01 don't want anything to do with him anymore.  Give me Mike White who will play with broken ribs and is a first round exit at best.  Much rather root for that.

22 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

We're not hearing anything from him today. Probably not tomorrow either. Wednesday around lunch time.

Just now, incognito_man said:

We're not hearing anything from him today. Probably not tomorrow either. Wednesday around lunch time.

There's nothing more Rodgers than to say something after everyone is freaking out like "We'll I said I'd make a decision by the start of free agency." Ignoring that Wednesday is nothing more than the official start of FA in name only. Just like OTAs are "not mandatory."

• Like 1