PLAYOFFS | Super Bowl LVII | 🦅 Eagles vs the Chiefs ➡️: Going for Ring #2 in the Kelce/Andy Bowl

Kiltman

SB LVII   

27 members have voted

1. 1. What’s the outcome

• Eagles by a mil +17
    • Eagles up two scores +10
    • Late TD seals it +7
    • Ellmatic with the ice in his veins +3
    • Anything else (you will be shunned)
  2. 2. Who’s the Eagles MVP

• Jalen Hurts
    • The Batmen / Wideouts
    • The Oline
    • Hassan Reddick
    • Slay & JB
    • Sirianni & the Offensive Coaches
    • Gannon shutting down the Kingdom

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/12/2023 at 11:30 PM

1 minute ago, downundermike1 said:

But that fumble was a key play in the game.

I have never been the biggest Hurts guy, and am not gonna crush him after tonight, but that play is a big difference in the game.

But, I said it once, and I will say it again over the next couple of days, ZERO SACKS OF PATRICK MAHOMES.

1 pivotal play by Hurts. 2 pivotal calls by the refs. And a million chances coming up short for the defense.

If we can look at it from a different angle for a moment, they did stop the Chiefs in the 1st half a few times.  You probably couldnt expect many more stops from them than what they made. Even as a top 5 defense, you knew Mahomes was going to move the ball a lot, and score a bunch. If the stops were more interspersed throughout the game, rather than seeing no stops in the whole second half- it might not look as bad.

HOWEVER- the real shocker is that there was never 1 single big play from them. And Im not sure if thats a Gannon thing or an individual player thing that each and every one of them has to own.

How did we never get 1 sack, to make 1 more stop. Thats all we needed. 1 more stop.

Never got an INT, or even a pass deflection. Never hit a guy and knocked a ball loose for an incompletion. Never forced a fumble. Nothing. Not one player made 1 stand out play for the defense all game.

Just one of those would have made the difference. We couldnt get even 1. I cant believe every player came up small. Every single defensive player. I cant comprehend how they all managed to come up so small.

1 minute ago, Daimonas said:

I can't imagine what a heartbreaking loss like this is going to do to Hurts' mentality. Dude's about to become a ******* terminator next year.

Hurts 2023 mvp book it.

Yep. I truly think 2023-2024 NFC East will be right back in it. Eagles still the top of the division for me and it will be fun to watch. The future is very very bright.

A few breakdowns on offense.  

- The Hurts fumble seemed to be an odd play, breakdown.  3rd and 6 and he drops back then runs a draw?  Seemed to be some confusion.  

- The timing breakdowns with the play clock running down.  Could have used that last time out.  

But other than that, the offense did their job. Defense Gannon’s soft zone and no answer for Kelce is what did them in.  

Edited by 4for4PhillyFan

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, family has tried breaking it down with me. I’m like can we not?

I look at like this- The team went above and beyond the expectations I had for them ahead of week 1. 

This season also affirmed that we have:
A certified G at QB
A Head Coach that we actually want to keep around
Not 1, but 2 stud WR's. 
A top 5 TE.
The best OT in the NFL.
The best OL in the NFL.
This loss sucks, but I'm not gonna pretend I assumed we'd get this far to begin with. 

Hats off to the players and coaches not named Gannon. Was a hell of a season with way more ups than downs.
That final down did feel like a chokeslam from hell though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

HOWEVER- the real shocker is that there was never 1 single big play from them. And Im not sure if thats a Gannon thing or an individual player thing that each and every one of them has to own.

How did we never get 1 sack, to make 1 more stop. Thats all we needed. 1 more stop.

Yep, KC had 4 second half possessions, TD, TD, TD, FG.

And I really don't remember one time in the second half that I though Mahomes was in danger of being sacked.

We can crush Gannon all day, and we will, me included, but at some point, regardless of scheme, someone has to make a play.

Slay and Bradberry were also invisible in the second half, if not most of the game.

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

work jerks called me to cover a hockey game on friday. Yes. Hockey. Hockey sucks.

Got called to go check out a knee yesterday when I was supposed to finally see one of my son's basketball games.

And got a call about an injury today. Kid woke up with a swollen knee after last night's game.

Tomorrow, I have nothing early. Ill have to make some calls to get that kid in to the clinic asap. But, no work work till the afternoon.

I work from home this week.  Nothing really on the schedule.  But knowing him, he’ll wanna chat early tomorrow. When normally I never hear from him.  

Welp. Good season boys. I'm proud of how this team performed this year. Unfortunately no one was stopping Mahomes tonight. I don't really put much stock into that last penalty even. Gannon got completely outwitted after half time and the defense didn't make a single big play all game. No, he shouldn't be fired like some crazy folks might suggest, but if I really got to tell you why I think we lost, it was because of him. Gonna take a couple of days away from here to let it sink in and gather myself a bit better.

Jalen's definitely silenced any remaining doubters he may have had tonight. Cheers to a bright future.

• Like 1

Just now, downundermike1 said:

Yep, KC had 4 second half possessions, TD, TD, TD, FG.

And I really don't remember one time in the second half that I though Mahomes was in danger of being sacked.

We can crush Gannon all day, and we will, me included, but at some point, regardless of scheme, someone has to make a play.

Slay and Bradberry were also invisible in the second half, if not most of the game.

When you see Maddox bite so hard on the pre-snap motion and not even pay attention to see that the WR didnt cross the formation- thats a complete lack of awareness by an individual player that happened twice and directly resulted in giving up points. He literally wasnt even looking, and he ran across the formation without the WR. Thats embarrassing. 

There are a lot of points hung right on Maddox directly. He should be the villain of Philadelphia after that game. 

That, and again, just no one else stepping up with just ONE play...

This honestly looks more like an individuals thing more than a Gannon thing tonight.

40 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I'm sorry guys, you were freakin robbed!

That was BS!!!!

Just a great game the whole game. Let the teams play!!!

You gotta helluva QB there and a great team and coach.

Freakin sucks and im sorry you got screwed.

Damn, from a Cowboys fan no less. Respect my man.