Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I never understood why they didn’t give the HC job to Bud Foster, he more than deserved it after Beamer retired!

They wanted an explosive offense after the Stinespring debacle and it just didn’t happen with Fuente. He also refuses to bench a QB when Jackson clearly needed it last year and Willis who’s completely in over his head as a starting QB. Meanwhile Hendon Hooker just dots away. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Woz said:

That was worthy of a great train robbery.

Could have perhaps gotten him + a first for Trent ... oy ...

I'm in the minority, but I am just not a huge fan of Clowney.  That's an OK trade for me for a guy who excels at stopping the run, and is an above average pass rusher.  He's not lived up to the hype he's had coming into the league.  Very good player?  Absolutely?  A stud building block for a defense?  Not quite. 

29 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Debatable.  He can't create separation, yet he joined a team with a guy who he knows refuses to throw 50/50 balls.

Whether he plays well or not is debatable, joining the Vikings was smart. Even if he doesn't get many targets, he is still on a Super Bowl contender. Kirk did start throwing him more and more 50/50 balls the last half of 2017 and that's why he had 6 Tds in 2017.

Edited by turtle28

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Whether he plays well or not is debatable, joining the Vikings was smart. Even if he doesn't get many targets, he is still on a Super Bowl contender. Kirk did start throwing him more and more 50/50 balls the last half of 2017 and that's why he had 6 Tds in 2017.

Also Kirk has his money now and possibly is willing to throw the 50/50 ball even more now! Vikings should be a top offense this year. Doctson, Diggs, Thilen, Randolph, Smith Jr, and Cooks in the backfield. There should be high expectations in Minnesota. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If Doctson is any more than a 4-5 WR for the Vikings, they are in trouble. 

Might want to check their roster... As their 3 & 4 WRs they have an UDFA Chad Bebe and Olabisi Johnson a 7th round pick.

It's pretty clear to me that Doctson is their #3, at least at the moment. He won't start, but when they go three-wide I expect Doctson to be on the outside and Diggs to be moved to the slot like Diggs has been for years.

On 9/3/2019 at 6:40 AM, turtle28 said:

Might want to check their roster... As their 3 & 4 WRs they have an UDFA Chad Bebe and Olabisi Johnson a 7th round pick.

It's pretty clear to me that Doctson is their #3, at least at the moment. He won't start, but when they go three-wide I expect Doctson to be on the outside and Diggs to be moved to the slot like Diggs has been for years.

Yup. He immediately comes in as the #3.