Tim Kelly named Offensive Coordinator, Charles London also hired

titans0021

5 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

He hit with every OC he had except downing Laflare was handicapped by mariota, an art was sensational best OC since dinger. Kelly is a very damn good OC, im only worried bout OL & WR’s proofs in the pudding with Kelly, Watson best yrs we’re under Kelly throwing for almost 5k yards, he’ll when the last time we had a 4k yard passer. I think with Kelly we remain a run 1st team like vrabel wants but we use the pass to setup the run more vs being stubborn run open up pass. Relax have faith. 

I refuse to call Lafluer a hit here. He started dion Lewis over Derrick Henry for most of his tenure as titans OC… egregious. 

11 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

We stubbornly use the run to setup the pass never not the other way around for me 

That’s not the point. For whatever reason (scheme, skill set, coaching, whatever) we routinely have no role for our highest paid and “best” offensive player on the most important downs of the game.

Show me a successful offense in HISTORY in which that is the case…

the fact that Henry isn’t AT LEAST a reliable pass protector given his size is wild to me. It’s the biggest hole in his game, and why as much as I love him, he’s a relic of yesteryear. 

Edited by Chocolateman78

3 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

That’s not the point. For whatever reason (scheme, skill set, coaching, whatever) we routinely have no role for our highest paid and “best” offensive player on the most important downs of the game.

Show me a successful offense in HISTORY in which that is the case…

the fact that Henry isn’t AT LEAST a reliable pass protector given his size is wild to me. It’s the biggest hole in his game, and why as much as I love him, he’s a relic of yesteryear. 

I'm not going to voluntarily let him go without a significant down year, but I won't cry the day he leaves if that makes sense.  MUCH love and respect will be posted. Nothing but great things to say and reflect on.....

One of my favorite Titans ever. But he is one trick pony and is holding the offense back from evolving somewhat.  
I say somewhat because when was gone, we still tried to find a way to run it a lot, even if it was with Hillard, Peterson, Foreman. 

I also wonder if not pursuing a bigger name OC comes from not wanting to go thru this search again next season…

say you hire EB, he takes over the offense, changes the philosophy, calls plays, makes it great… well he’s probably going to get HC interest especially given he did it without Andy Reid, same with Nagy. 

In this scenario, Vrabel would be in a situation where he’s not only replacing another OC, but he’s now switching to a 3rd new system in the span of 2-3 years. They’re banking on continuity. 

2 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I also wonder if not pursuing a bigger name OC comes from not wanting to go thru this search again next season…

say you hire EB, he takes over the offense, changes the philosophy, calls plays, makes it great… well he’s probably going to get HC interest especially given he did it without Andy Reid, same with Nagy. 

In this scenario, Vrabel would be in a situation where he’s not only replacing another OC, but he’s now switching to a 3rd new system in the span of 2-3 years. They’re banking on continuity. 

I don't hate our "scheme" I just want it called more effectively and mature the passing game to a point where we aren't dependent on our running game to be the only way we can function.

Hopefully, Kelly and the new voices can do that. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm not going to voluntarily let him go without a significant down year, but I won't cry the day he leaves if that makes sense.  MUCH love and respect will be posted. Nothing but great things to say and reflect on.....

One of my favorite Titans ever. But he is one trick pony and is holding the offense back from evolving somewhat.  
I say somewhat because when was gone, we still tried to find a way to run it a lot, even if it was with Hillard, Peterson, Foreman. 

No No No…

you HAVE to run it. That’s what people like to forget. For all the razzle dazzle of teams like San Fran and Philly, they run as much as we do. Running the ball isn’t the problem. Allocating a lot of resources to one back whose a one trick pony is.

the writing on the wall should’ve been when we had a very successful running game in 2021 with Hilliard and foreman, two backs we plucked off the couch mid season. We paid them bet minimum, why is Henry making 10-12 mil? 

What Philly is this year is the trajectory I saw from our 2019 campaign… what could have been…

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I don't hate our "scheme" I just want it called more effectively and mature the passing game to a point where we aren't dependent on our running game to be the only way we can function.

Hopefully, Kelly and the new voices can do that. 

Yes you have to develop a competent pass game off of it. But pass first offenses just get QBs hurt these days. Defensive lineman are freakier than ever and finding lineman to block them is getting harder. Running the ball is a necessity. But you gotta invest in WRs so that when you do pass you have the ability to  make teams pay. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

No No No…

you HAVE to run it. That’s what people like to forget. For all the razzle dazzle of teams like San Fran and Philly, they run as much as we do. Running the ball isn’t the problem. Allocating a lot of resources to one back whose a one trick pony is.

the writing on the wall should’ve been when we had a very successful running game in 2021 with Hilliard and foreman, two backs we plucked off the couch mid season. We paid them bet minimum, why is Henry making 10-12 mil? 

What Philly is this year is the trajectory I saw from our 2019 campaign… what could have been…

True. Just want more efficient running and creativity doing so.

Not running a dive into 9 guys. 

• Like 1

Im fine with Kelly whatever. Legit can not get worse than last year and Kelly got to be around these guys and knows what they can and cant do so that should be helpful and I hope he has a better feel for the game and when to take shots and stuff idk  but yeah not surprised 

We need talent on the Oline or nothing will work

25 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

My biggest question about the staff changes and something that seems to be going under the radar is why the hell did we move our RB coach to TE Coach and our TE coach to RB coach? Seemed like a really strange move to me, but I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Kind of a promotion for Dews. TE coaches tends to be more of a “next step” to OC, so I’ve heard and read