Predict the knee-jerk narratives resulting from either Super Bowl result

notthatbluestuff

Chiefs win, especially with Brady retiring, I bet we get a lot of Mahomes GOAT talk. There have already been glimpses of it over the past two weeks, mostly because they have to fill two weeks with something, but it'll definitely be a thing. You'll get more Chiefs dynasty talk. On the more analytical side we'll get a lot about the Eagles having an easy path to the superbowl.

Eagles win, you'll definitely see a ton of arguments about where Hurts belongs in QB rankings. Some idiot will say he's the best QB in football, others will discuss if he belongs above Burrow or Allen. Nick Sirianni will instantly start getting Sean McVay style hype.

On 2/10/2023 at 2:19 AM, Jakuvious said:

Chiefs win, especially with Brady retiring, I bet we get a lot of Mahomes GOAT talk. There have already been glimpses of it over the past two weeks, mostly because they have to fill two weeks with something, but it'll definitely be a thing. You'll get more Chiefs dynasty talk. On the more analytical side we'll get a lot about the Eagles having an easy path to the superbowl.

Eagles win, you'll definitely see a ton of arguments about where Hurts belongs in QB rankings. Some idiot will say he's the best QB in football, others will discuss if he belongs above Burrow or Allen. Nick Sirianni will instantly start getting Sean McVay style hype.

Nick Wright said something a while back (I think prior to Tampa Bay SB loss) that made a lot of sense to me.

Mahomes has absolutely no case imo for being the GOAT right now. 

But if someone was ever going to one day have a better case for GOAT than Tom Brady, this is how their career might start.

• Like 5

Mahomes as the GOAT. And maybe he is. Idk I have no dog in this fight. But when they wanted it to be Brady over Manning the only thing that mattered was stacking rings. But now that they want it to be Mahomes, talent matters. At least be consistent with your criteria. 

GOAT debate is stupid anyway. Elway would terrorize the NFL with the RPOs and all the presnap motions they do now. They’re barely even playing the same sport today.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Soggust said:

Nick Wright said something a while back (I think prior to Tampa Bay SB loss) that made a lot of sense to me.

But if someone was ever going to one day have a better case for GOAT than Tom Brady, this is how their career might start.

TBH, I'm not sure there are 5 QBs in history that I would take over Mahomes RIGHT NOW. He's been that great in such a short amount of time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Mahomes as the GOAT. And maybe he is. Idk I have no dog in this fight. But when they wanted it to be Brady over Manning the only thing that mattered was stacking rings. But now that they want it to be Mahomes, talent matters. At least be consistent with your criteria. 

GOAT debate is stupid anyway. Elway would terrorize the NFL with the RPOs and all the presnap motions they do now. They’re barely even playing the same sport today.

I would compare Mahomes to someone like Jordan. There's always been arguments about talent vs rings like you said, but the reason Jordan is widely recognized as the GOAT in the NBA is because he was the best player in the sport for years on end AND he won a lot. I think Mahomes is on that trajectory if he keeps winning.

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

When was this? All I remember was the league moving mountains and changing rules to get Manning his ring. 

14 hours ago, Danger said:

Not even in the slightest. Mahomes > Rodgers

I'm not sure, I think recency bias is in play here, especially considering a lot of the controversies around Rodgers.  It pains me to say it, but Rodgers is certainly one of the most talented and consistent QBs in history.  He's been the MVP 4 times now.  Lets see Mahomes do it consistently for a few more years.  Rings are definitely king, but I'd probably argue Mahomes has a better team overall and a better coaching staff than Rodgers ever has.

13 hours ago, Soggust said:

Brady has had better career.  Best career.  No question.  I love Brady.  

But if we could chose any QB in history to join our franchise and be our QB going forward at age 23. 

I would pick Mahomes over anyone else.  And honestly I would take P. Manning next in that draft.  

• Like 1