NFL awards winners for 2022

SteelKing728

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I can’t really argue with any of that. Maybe Daboll has an argument against but he took what I feel was a less talented team pretty far. Not sure about Walter Payton Man of the Year and Dak’s contributions to society... but sure

That one is almost always suspect to me.  Criteria seems to be all over the place.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

A QB winning the MVP? Name a more iconic duo. Love Patrick Mahomes, probably my favorite non Viking player in the league but they really need to do something about he MVP and QBs always winning it.

QB is the most important position in football, so any QB playing at an elite level is de facto an MVP candidate. For anyone else to win over a QB, QBs need to be playing poorly league-wide or that guy needs to be playing out of his mind.de

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

A QB winning the MVP? Name a more iconic duo. Love Patrick Mahomes, probably my favorite non Viking player in the league but they really need to do something about he MVP and QBs always winning it.

He was responsible for 5,500+ yards of offense and 45 TDs. Playing the most important position, leading his team to the #1 seed, all while losing the most dangerous offensive player in the league. Who deserved it over Mahomes?

There are definitely years where nothing spectacular happens and it, by default, goes to the best QB…but this ain’t one of those years.

• Like 2

Nick Bosa about to get 35 million a year. 

Also, it's crazy that Parsons didn't get a single DPOY vote after him being one of the favorites for like 3 quarters of the season. 

Also, it's hilarious that Geno got MVP love and Russ famously doesn't have an MVP vote in his career. It's important to note that the MVP voting changed this year and that is mainly why, but it's still funny. 

• Like 2

I don't know how Doug Pederson didn't win COY. Outside perspective: That team was an absolute train wreck under Urban Meyer and Pederson did a great job of reestablishing a lockerroom culture, energizing the players as a coach that believes in them and puts them in positions for them to excel, working with Trevor Lawrence to help him to take a step forward as a franchise NFL QB, and last but certainly not least - go from being one of the worst teams in the NFL (if not the worst) to playoff team (that now knows what it's like to win a playoff game).

2 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

I don't know how Doug Pederson didn't win COY. Outside perspective: That team was an absolute train wreck under Urban Meyer and Pederson did a great job of reestablishing a lockerroom culture, energizing the players as a coach that believes in them and puts them in positions for them to excel, working with Trevor Lawrence to help him to take a step forward as a franchise NFL QB, and last but certainly not least - go from being one of the worst teams in the NFL (if not the worst) to playoff team (that now knows what it's like to win a playoff game).

Brian Daboll did a really good job as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nicfre2011 said:

Brian Daboll did literally this exact same thing, but better.

• Like 1

MVPat seemed obvious. I didn't expect a unanimous win, but I can't understand the Josh Allen vote.

Proud of Chris Jones getting 3rd, but DPOY seemed like it was Bosa's to lose all along.

Daboll pick is awful imo, but I've already hammered that previously so grats to him anyway. He did a good job this year.

Jets having two ROYs makes for an exciting future. I wonder how many times that has happened before?