2023 Roster - some thoughts

KC_Guy

54 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I’m not sure Clark is that much better of a mentor than Jones.  There’s certainly some “qualities” I’d rather they not adapt.

I just want this to get started already!

If you don't believe me, believe the staff. That's what they say.

It's all about how to stack the money. 

I don't think D-Hopkins is at all likely because the price is too high. We need someone who, like JuJu, needs to rebuild a reputation. The current priorities appear to be LT and the DL unit. After that, there will be focus on extending some young players. Despite losing JuJu and Mecole, our WR room needs depth more than glitter.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

The name Carson Wentz is coming up as Henne's replacement.

Apart from the obvious financial aspects, what are your thoughts?

Isn’t he a really bad locker room guy? I’d rather go with someone young now that we could flip for some picks later maybe, similar to what the Patriots did when they had Tom. I’m not sure Pat needs a “mentor” anymore.

5 hours ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Isn’t he a really bad locker room guy? I’d rather go with someone young now that we could flip for some picks later maybe, similar to what the Patriots did when they had Tom. I’m not sure Pat needs a “mentor” anymore.

This. We've been hiding Buechele on the 53 man for a reason. Let him be the #2 and bring in a super cheap vet or rookie to be the #3.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

The name Carson Wentz is coming up as Henne's replacement.

Apart from the obvious financial aspects, what are your thoughts?

Hmm, former first round pick, has basically flamed out…seems almost too perfect for Veach to pass up.  Certainly not a mentor role but maybe a rebuild him?  Certainly a laundry list of guys I’d rather they look at.  

Personally I think he should take the truckload of money he’s made and go do what he actually enjoys doing, which is hunting and fishing.

18 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

You keep saying this, are you friends with them?

I read the quotes.

Big Red is not the only one who gives interviews.

12 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Hmm, former first round pick, has basically flamed out…seems almost too perfect for Veach to pass up.  Certainly not a mentor role but maybe a rebuild him?  Certainly a laundry list of guys I’d rather they look at.  

Personally I think he should take the truckload of money he’s made and go do what he actually enjoys doing, which is hunting and fishing.

I think the idea is that Wentz has the physical tools to run the offense.

As others have stated, it's the head and heart that are the issue. 

10 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I read the quotes.

Big Red is not the only one who gives interviews.

As others have stated, it's the head and heart that are the issue. 

Oh I agree, Wentz heart for football has been questioned since the injury.  He did an interview after the Superbowl and said I’m glad it’s over, I just want to go hunting…

Add on what at this point one would expect to be startling confidence issues.  But if they price I’d right for an incentive contract for backup money, meh.  Andy has a habit of flipping guys like that.  On the other hand I’m even more ok with just about any other direction.

16 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Possibly. But i'm not enthralled with Wentz's mental approach to the game. Specifically his checkdown process and decision making. Look at his stat line for 2022.

The Commanders were last in their division led there largely by Wentz. It's not complicated. Anyone liking Wentz does so at their own peril.