The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

8 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Random thought but if the Titans are willing to eat a good chunk of Henry's salary for a 3rd round pick (considering Ramsey went for a 3rd) and I think thats good compensation for a 29 year old RB.....I think we could keep Henry and Penny healthy if they are only getting 6-7 carries a game while Gainwell gets more carries as well. What do yall think?

He will already count 10.1 million dead for the Titans in a trade.  How much of his 10.5 salary do you think they would be willing to take on ??

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He will already count 10.1 million dead for the Titans in a trade.  How much of his 10.5 salary do you think they would be willing to take on ??

We'll throw in a 2024 4th comp pick or 5th rounder and they eat half 

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

Random thought but if the Titans are willing to eat a good chunk of Henry's salary for a 3rd round pick (considering Ramsey went for a 3rd) and I think thats good compensation for a 29 year old RB.....I think we could keep Henry and Penny healthy if they are only getting 6-7 carries a game while Gainwell gets more carries as well. What do yall think?

I really want The King. I got a bit roasted when I brought it up like a week or two ago when that news broke. Just the thought of him and hurts is insane

16 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I really want The King. I got a bit roasted when I brought it up like a week or two ago when that news broke. Just the thought of him and hurts is insane

The only issue I see with Henry, he is used to running the ball with the QB under center the majority of the time.

Titans were 4th in total plays ran with the QB under center, and 7th in running plays with the QB under center.

They were also 4th in the NFL for plays with a FB, 67%.

I think it would be Demarco Murray 2.0 putting him in our offense.

Edited by downundermike
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I just randomly thought about it because I had a few friends saying we should pick up Ekeler, and I was saying if I could choose between Henry and Ekeler im picking Henry even though Ekeler is amazing as a pass catcher and would open that part of the game that was missing last year. But a healthy Henry and Penny is a totally different ball game compared to Sanders. Sanders was not most defense's #1 priority to stop. We all saw how it seemed 2 or 3 times a game Sanders had massive gaps to run through in large part because of how good the Oline was but also because defenses were fixed on Hurts and the threat of the passing game. Henry and Penny would absolutely force defenses to change how they attacked our offense simply because they cannot allow those guys to get the same types of holes that Sanders was getting. Sanders would get a nice 15-20 yard run out of it and always get tackled by the CB or S....both of these guys would have a legit shot at taking it to the house. I could only imagine just the threat would significantly impact play-action passes where someone is going to be 1 on 1 or Hurts is going to have a huge open field in front of him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

I just randomly thought about it because I had a few friends saying we should pick up Ekeler, and I was saying if I could choose between Henry and Ekeler im picking Henry even though Ekeler is amazing as a pass catcher and would open that part of the game that was missing last year. But a healthy Henry and Penny is a totally different ball game compared to Sanders. Sanders was not most defense's #1 priority to stop. We all saw how it seemed 2 or 3 times a game Sanders had massive gaps to run through in large part because of how good the Oline was but also because defenses were fixed on Hurts and the threat of the passing game. Henry and Penny would absolutely force defenses to change how they attacked our offense simply because they cannot allow those guys to get the same types of holes that Sanders was getting. Sanders would get a nice 15-20 yard run out of it and always get tackled by the CB or S....both of these guys would have a legit shot at taking it to the house. I could only imagine just the threat would significantly impact play-action passes where someone is going to be 1 on 1 or Hurts is going to have a huge open field in front of him.

100%. It's a fun and scary thought (for other teams)

14 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Want nothing to do with Henry or Ekeler. Draft an RB or test out the four we have. I am pretty confident just about anyone could run effectively behind our OL with Hurts at QB.

Yeah, that's basically how I see it. I don't want to be on the hook paying 10m+ for an aging RB. Henry I think is falling off or is likely to fall off really soon. As others have said he doesn't fit with the Eagles in general. He doesn't fit the shotgun running scheme nor does he fit in with their philosophy of not paying RBs big contracts. Especially RBs who are as old and have taken as much abuse as Henry. I'd like to add Charbonnet if he's available at the right spot in the draft 

54 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Henry is primed for hard regression. The only way you make the move is if 
1. The Titans eat most of the Salary
AND 
2. You're confident we can make it back to the Super Bowl. Even then a 3rd is a bit steep. A 4th I'm on board for.

• Like 1

If we're bringing back Cox and Slay, might as well sign another old head and get Bobby Wagner. Our LB cabinet is made out of plywood and thumb tacks. Would be nice to add a weathered but still dependable oak shelf.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

The only issue I see with Henry, he is used to running the ball with the QB under center the majority of the time.

Titans were 4th in total plays ran with the QB under center, and 7th in running plays with the QB under center.

They were also 4th in the NFL for plays with a FB, 67%.

I think it would be Demarco Murray 2.0 putting him in our offense.

Exactly.  As great as Henry is, RPO based system isn't for him. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1