The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

12 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Thanks but I believe that link is for premium subscribers. 

My bad.

I sent you the whole article in a private message, bc Kilt has told me in the past not to post the whole article from a paid service on here.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I hope we can be the team. 3 way punter battle.

I remember even after he was found innocent, a lot of this forum was still vilifying him and saying just because there wasn't evidence didn't mean he didn't do it. Mob mentality.

Yep. Sad that's how people act. Just assume the worst.

Given the article and the fact he was found innocent months ago, I'm surprised Araiza hasn't signed with a team by now? There should be no PR nightmare/backlash to worry about after this last article. 

Do it Howie, do it!

13 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I hope we can be the team. 3 way punter battle.

I remember even after he was found innocent, a lot of this forum was still vilifying him and saying just because there wasn't evidence didn't mean he didn't do it. Mob mentality.

I’d have the same stance 100% of the time. Let the full investigation happen, which it now has.

Why everyone was so thirsty to invite that circus in for a rookie punter is beyond me. They did far bigger sacrifices, like not extending guys like CJGJ or Hargrave, to maintain the mindset of the building on a Super Bowl aimed run. 

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yep. Sad that's how people act. Just assume the worst.

Given the article and the fact he was found innocent months ago, I'm surprised Araiza hasn't signed with a team by now? There should be no PR nightmare/backlash to worry about after this last article. 

Do it Howie, do it!

Definitely feels like we've more or less become a "guilty until proven innocent" society.

I'm assuming Araiza catches on with a team once team TC's are in full swing. A vet P is going to get hurt or some GM will want to upgrade their bunk Punter, and Araiza will get his chance.

Edited by Jeezla

13 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

To be fair based on the victim's comments/testimony, the accusations sounded horrific and very believable. 

Sounded fishy as soon as it came out. Like why is Matt Araiza hanging out with 18 year olds when he's already a known name that can bang willing 22 year old IG thots? In San Diego of all places. Sounded like scheme to make someone panic settle out of court from the get go.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Sounded fishy as soon as it came out. Like why is Matt Araiza hanging out with 18 year olds when he's already a known name that can bang willing 22 year old IG thots? In San Diego of all places. Sounded like scheme to make someone panic settle out of court from the get go.

Yeah, cause no one in his position has ever hung out with someone they shouldn't and put themselves in bad situations.

Video Of Urban Meyer Caught Flirting With College Students Released -  YouTube

• Like 1

No reason Araiza should even have to wait until a Punter gets hurt. He could joined 80% of the teams in the NFL right now and most likely win the Punting job outright. 

It sure AF wouldn't be hard to do as a Eagle.

• Like 1

Goedert or DeVonta.

Who gets more catches, yards, and TD's?

Goedert obviously not an ironman out there, but he was on pace for more yards and catches than DeVonta before he got hurt.

Do AJ, DeVo, and Goedert all go over 1000 yards?

I should make an over/under thread

Edited by Jeezla

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Goedert or DeVonta.

Who gets more catches, yards, and TD's?

Goedert obviously not an ironman out there, but he was on pace for more yards and catches than DeVonta before he got hurt.

Do AJ, DeVo, and Goedert all go over 1000 yards?

I should make an over/under thread

All would have to stay healthy for a full 16/17 games but yes if they ALL do, all 3! It's the only reason it didn't occur last year IMO.

Doubt Goedert plays an entire season though. Although it would be nice!