The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Would be surprised to se BG go, but he has some Chris Long rotational player left in him.

Feels like the plan right now is to let everyone walk and see if anyone comes back if they cant find what they want

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Feels like the plan right now is to let everyone walk and see if anyone comes back if they cant find what they want

Yeah, think they might get CJ or Javon done and that’s it.

Which if that’s the case yeah we should get a ton of comp picks like Howie said.

14 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I think they have to wait till the Hurts deal is finished before they can make decisions on the FAs. Not for this years cap purposes but for future years after.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillerTime said:

I think they have to wait till the Hurts deal is finished before they can make decisions on the FAs. Not for this years cap purposes but for future years after.

I would think any competent FO would be able to entertain the idea of adding more than one contract at a time. Even if Howie is wrong about any kind of potential amount for a deal for Hurts, he should be able to ballpark the amount and know what he has in reserves to add more players. Even if it’s off a million here or there, he can adjust the numbers. They’re not going to let a potential FA go because Jalens negotiations are going long. It’s nonsensical. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I would think any competent FO would be able to entertain the idea of adding more than one contract at a time. Even if Howie is wrong about any kind of potential amount for a deal for Hurts, he should be able to ballpark the amount and know what he has in reserves to add more players. Even if it’s off a million here or there, he can adjust the numbers. They’re not going to let a potential FA go because Jalens negotiations are going long. It’s nonsensical. 

Exactly. No way we lose out on who we wanna keep cause of Hurts Contract. That's bs

Maybe it's just sheer blind optimism on my part but I think Hurts will have his Agent/Roseman get a deal in place before 12:01 start of FA so Howie knows who and what He can aggressively go after. For two reasons. 

☆ I don't for second believe Hurts will hold out for Watson Guaranteed type money basically obliterating most of our FA coming back. I honestly believe given his personality I see more Tom Brady / Pat Mahomes desire to structure said contracts to keep this current window open for a SB run now, not just chasing Watson/Lamar's for X,Y and Z.

☆ Howie wants Jalens contract to be the first QB's completed before the rest potentially go and F-it up llike the Watson deal. Be absolutely shocked given everything I've listen come out of His mouth if Jalen went that route and held out till week 1 like Lamar last year instead,  shocked!!

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I wonder if Jalen is going to get some national commercials this year. I mean he is an easy choice over that muppet mahomes.

He's already in commercials for Coleman

I bet an airline signs him to do some commercials.
"When this Eagle flies, he does it on United Airlines" or something.

Edited by Jeezla

17 hours ago, Jeezla said:

He's already in commercials for Coleman

I bet an airline signs him to do some commercials.
"When this Eagle flies, he does it on United Airlines" or something.

That's a bad idea for united since the teams players just said they aren't halt with the teams transportation arrangements. 

I think the Eagles try to lock up Hurts for a long time, maybe longer than he wants.

That will probably be the greatest sticking point.

If he signs a 10 year deal, even if it is at the highest end of the spectrum, it will be team friendly because his relative value is just going to increase.

He is going to want the chance to renegotiate the deal before then at a higher rate.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 10 year contract, but one with a player option somewhere in the middle.

1 hour ago, babyatemydingo said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 10 year contract, but one with a player option somewhere in the middle.

Was thinking the same thing, structured similarly to Mahomes. Opening up the first couple of seasons cap to keep said window open. 

I know Hurts will get a massive signing bonus but wouldn't any contract extension be added to his 4th year? Meaning next years cap hit no matter what will be $4.7M?

Howie has to get a deal done before these idiots in NY give both Carr and Jones $40-42M a year!🙏🙏

10 yr 450M, 180M Guaranteed.

Opt out "renegotiating" clause after year 5 because of the escalating salary cap!

On 3/3/2023 at 6:19 PM, Kiltman said:

Would be surprised to se BG go, but he has some Chris Long rotational player left in him.

I'd say he's still beyond Chris Long rotational piece at this point, but that day is approaching.